• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC - How do I drag / move sticky note text fields?

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to add sticky notes, and, move the notes area on the page so that it is in a custom location or closer to the sticky note yellow icon. In previous versions of Acrobat, I was able to easily add a note, type my comments and the drag the text area to the appropriate place on the page so that the reader could read the text in context / proximity to the reviewed item... to provide better focus and ease of review. However, lately the text area seems either locked, unmoveable, or there is a bug. See screenshot. Red box (notes area) can't be moved. 

Usually, I'd click toward the top of the notes area to grab it, but now it's not responding. It's been this way for a while and happens on all PDF docs for me. I think it may be related to a application update or discontinued feature. If that's the case, Adobe, please reintroduce the feature. If anyone has a solution that would be great. 

System: Mac OS, Acrobat version 2020.013.20074 
Note, I cannot upgrade any further at this time without breaking my music studio. 

Thanks,

Mike

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to replicate that same behaviour, and I'm running the same version of Acrobat. I wish I had a solution for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Good to know that it's not a system limitation. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select it and press Delete, does the sticky note disappear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Selecting the sticky note and deleting it works fine.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To clarify, clicking on the yellow note icon and deleting remove the item. However, the text input area cannot be dragged. Trouble shooting suggestions still welcome. Thanks. M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a sample file with us?

You can attach it to the original message using the tiny paperclip icon at the bottom when you edit it, or upload it to a file-sharing website (like Dropbox, Google Drive, Adobe Cloud, etc.), generate a share link and then post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd. The problem is no longer occuring. It was happening with every PDF but now is not occuring on any (I did not do any reboots or procedures to explain this). So until I can recreate the issue, I'll have to leave this issue as N/A. I'll repost if I can recreate thie issue. 

Thanks all,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue, being unable to move the sticky note (which somehow was 'sticking' around the middle of the screen). Ended up closing the document, then when opening it again, things went back to normal and I was able to move the sticky note as usual. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines