• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC - Installation Failed (Windows 10)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2015 Aug 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I cannot get this to install on my Surface Pro 2 running Windows 10. I did have it working fine but uninstalled it a few weeks ago due to a lack of internal storage, however I now need it again (and there's enough storage).

I get this info:

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example, ERROR:

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 1 error(s)

----------- Payload: Adobe Acrobat DC 15.8.20082.0 Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe_15.008.20082 -----------

ERROR: Third party payload installer Adobe Acrobat\Setup.exe failed with exit code: 1603

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Yep. This worked for me. Same deal, using an external drive for programs, had to install it on system drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi T-Bone1987,

Please try the solutions mentioned in this KB doc. Error 1603: A fatal error occurred during installation.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Aadesh,

Thanks for the link. I'm not sure which "solution" I would need to go with in this case. Any ideas, based on the details in my opening post?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Please start with solution 1, if that doesn't work then proceed to the next.

Regards,
Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2015 Aug 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I will, thanks. Much of the article mentions Windows XP, Vista etc... Windows 10 is obviously much later than these! Is it still relevant?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey T-Bone1987,

Troubleshooting steps are similar, however you might have to search a bit for the files & folders just because of the new OS interface.

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I did, I have 3 T drives , I had adobe set to install most of the programs to a spare drive that I use for storage, I went and changed it to install to my system drive and so far it has gotten farther than before (its extracting the installation) hope that is a solution someone can use.

I also like to point out that the steps mentioned above did not work for me on Win10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2015 Aug 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also have to be sure you are logged in as the administrator and have anti-virus disabled. In one case (one Win 7), I actually had to activate the Administrator account due to a permissions issue. I could probably have changed the permissions on the associated folder, but activated the Administrator account instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys is there a CLEAR way to resolve this issue? It is frankly ridiculous that I have to go through and try many "possible solutions", most of which are complicated and extremely long-winded. I appreciate you guys are trying to help, but I am left confused.

Again: cannot install Acrobat DC on Windows 10. It gets to 84% then fails. Why, why why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it helps, here is a screenshot of what happens when I try installing via the direct Acrobat DC Installer:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tarek,

I understand your frustration, I would recommend you to run Acrobat Cleaner tool on your device (Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs )

and then restart your device and reinstall Acrobat DC : https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-downloads.html

Regards,
Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2015 Aug 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rahul,

Thanks. I've downloaded the Cleaner tool, however it asks what I wish to remove: Acrobat or Reader. I don't currently have Acrobat DC (or any Acrobat) on my computer, so what should I do?

Should I select Uninstall Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep. This worked for me. Same deal, using an external drive for programs, had to install it on system drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the only error I get:

acrobat.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I was having the same issue and after 2 days of digging was able to resolve it by changing the registry value for "DisablePatch" from (1) to (0). It can be found here...  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer

Hope this helps someone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. I found another forum on Adobe that helped me: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/error-dw071-error-dw003-third-party-payloa...

solution: 

Sign out of CC via Preferences>Account. Then quit the CC installer app.

Go here Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution to manually install Acrobat Reader DC.
I also made a new directory when I chose the install location. Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines