Highlighted

Acrobat Pro DC lags entering/exiting Full Screen Mode

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Version 20.012.20048
  • Windows 10 (with the latest updates installed)

An end-user is using the Full Screen mode in Acrobat Pro DC to present slides to clients over an online meeting. When he enters Full Screen Mode it takes good 5 seconds of black screen before an image is shown same as for when he exits the full screen mode which is undesirible. The issue exists outside of the online meeting software.

I've tried fixing the installation through the Help tab,

I've tried changing settings in the Edit - Preferences - Page Display (some settings had to be left checked in order to present high quality slides - for example: Smooth Text, Smooth Line Art, etc.) to no avail.

I've checked the Adobe updates but it's the latest release of the software.

Any ideas on how to minimize the black screens?

TIA!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Pro DC lags entering/exiting Full Screen Mode

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Version 20.012.20048
  • Windows 10 (with the latest updates installed)

An end-user is using the Full Screen mode in Acrobat Pro DC to present slides to clients over an online meeting. When he enters Full Screen Mode it takes good 5 seconds of black screen before an image is shown same as for when he exits the full screen mode which is undesirible. The issue exists outside of the online meeting software.

I've tried fixing the installation through the Help tab,

I've tried changing settings in the Edit - Preferences - Page Display (some settings had to be left checked in order to present high quality slides - for example: Smooth Text, Smooth Line Art, etc.) to no avail.

I've checked the Adobe updates but it's the latest release of the software.

Any ideas on how to minimize the black screens?

TIA!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HelenMac,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble caused. As described, Acrobat Pro DC lags entering/exiting Full Screen Mode.

As you have already tried repairing the installation from help menu with no success, please try to reset the preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that makes any difference.

Also, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and check.

If its a IT managed machine, please try to use the application on a personal machine with personal network and check for the issue.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 20, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I'll try that shortly and if that doesn't seem to work I'm planning on re-installing the software. Will let you know.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the update.

Let us know if you experience any trouble and need more help.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0