• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC - Need Help with Form & Signatures Project

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on 2 PDF agreements for a school. I have converted the Word docs to forms and set up the form fields with properties. The idea is that the "sender" from the school would fill in some fields then send to "signer 1" and "signer 2" to complete the form, sign and return.

#1 I used the Properties to add "Sender" or "Signer" to the fields. When filling out the form that seems to make no difference at all. I thought it might ask who is filling the form and send them only to those fields. How can I make sure the signer knows what to fill in prior to sending? What is the purpose of the property to assign the fields? It doesn't seem connected to anything?

#2 I ran a test. I filled out the "sender" fields then sent to myself for signature. The information that I filled and saved as the sender did not show up at all in the signer form. It did correctly move through the "signer" fields and signature.

What am I missing? Is there some other step to make it work for multiple signers or is that not an option? Is something new coming soon?

I will try to convince the client to use Acrobat for collecting these signed agreements if I can get it working. Otherwise, they will go with DocuSign. I am trying to get a working form to them today.

It would also be really nice to have a "test" option for the form so I don't have to create a signature and form that I am having trouble deleting. I will worry about that later.

Thanks for any help that can be provided!

Shelley

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have figured it out. The fields must be marked as Prefill in properties so you can enter the info before sending the form to signer 1, then 2, etc. I added the "sender" as "signer 3" since they will sign the form at the end. Crossing fingers this works out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out and hope you are doing well.

Please find below the answers to your questions:

#1 How can I make sure the signer knows what to fill in prior to sending? What is the purpose of the property to assign the fields? It doesn't seem connected to anything?

To make sure that the signer fills all the fields assign to them, please check the box for "Required" in the provided. If you do not make a field as required, then it's upon the signer if he fills the field or not that are assigned to him. 

#2 What am I missing? Is there some other step to make it work for multiple signers or is that not an option? Is something new coming soon?

You can send the document for signature to multiple signers depending on the type of plan you have. As you have Acrobat Pro DC, it included the Adobe Sign individual service plan. In this plan, you can add a max of 10 signers to a document at a time. for information about the transaction limits, please refer to this help document: https://helpx.adobe.com/sign/using/transaction-limits.html 

To send a document for signature to multiple signers, please use the steps as suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/send-for-signature.html 

If you experience any issues or have any questions, let us know.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines