• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC no longer creates fully functional PDFs from web pages

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For about a couple of months now, I have been unable to create fully functional pdfs by printing internet pages to "Adobe PDF".  The pdfs that are created are not searchable and I am not able to highlight the documents.  (When I use the highlighter, I get a large vertical oval that spans beyond the line that I am trying to highlight.  The longer I drag the pointer along the line that I am trying to highlight, the larger the oval gets, spanning five or more lines vertically and the yellow highlight that appears is also oval shaped.)  I don't know if this is a problem with Windows 10 or Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.  I am a subscriber to Acrobat Pro DC.  I can get around this by choosing "Print to PDF" instead of "Adobe PDF" as my printer; but "Print to PDF" is less efficient (for example, the pdf files are much bigger, sometimes by a factor of 10, compared with "Adobe PDF").   There is also loss of other functionality using "Print to PDF", so I would prefer to have a fully working version of Acrobat Pro DC.  I've attached a document printed on "Adobe PDF" with an example of the problem.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, you are unable to highlight the PDFs created from web pages.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.01.20138 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

Also, please try to create the PDF from the Adobe Acrobat File menu > Create > PDF from Web page and see if that helps.

You may also look at the correct ans wer marked in a similar discussion here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-change-height-of-highlight/td-p/7112159

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Acrobat DC version 2021.001.20138, which I believe is the latest version as you indicated.  I believe that I have already tried reinstalling the software, but I am not 100% sure.

The PDFs that I create from "Create > PDF from Web Page" are fully functional.  I can highlight and search through these documents without any problems.

Also, when I print to "Adobe PDF" from an email, the PDFs are fully functional.

The problem just seems to be printing to Adobe PDF directly from web pages in Microsoft Edge.

Thanks for responding, I hope you have a solution for me.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just want to point out that while it is good to have a alternative or back-up method for create web pages - i.e. using the "Create PDF" tool in Acrobat Pro DC - using it requires extra steps and it is also significantly slower than creating PDF files directly from the Microsoft Edge web browser.  Consequently, from a personal productivity perspective, fixing the problem is the best solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2023 Aug 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1690637803655.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines