• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC Not opening

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC on both my computers that have a Windows 10 1809 version are having problems.

One is Win 10 Home Edition 1809

The other is Win 10 Pro Edition 1809

When I first start windows, Acrobat Pro DC opens and works.

The second time I start it freezes with the recent files area in black, after 1 second the program closes by itself.

If I double click a PDF to open the file nothing happens.

I've been looking in the forums and a lot of users are having issues with Acrobat Pro DC. Acrobat Reader DC works fine, the problem is with the pro version installed by creative cloud. I pay an expensive monthly fee in Brazil and I would like this problem solved ASAP.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Hi,

I would like to post the solution I had to help other people in the community that might have the same problem.

With the help of the support customer service of Adobe, I discovered that the problem was with my windows account/profile. When I created I new one, Acrobat DC Pro was working. But the I logged in my microsoft account again, that account that stores all your preferences of windows 10, connect your license/activation of windows 10 to your email etc.

Then Acrobat DC Pro got problematic

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Brunor,

We regret for the inconvenience caused. Could you please confirm the dot version of Acrobat DC you are working on?

Open Acrobat>Help>About Acrobat DC.

Adobe Acrobat official update 2019.010.20099 containing the fix for this issue is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Or install directly through the release notes: DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Keep up posted.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2019 Apr 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to post the solution I had to help other people in the community that might have the same problem.

With the help of the support customer service of Adobe, I discovered that the problem was with my windows account/profile. When I created I new one, Acrobat DC Pro was working. But the I logged in my microsoft account again, that account that stores all your preferences of windows 10, connect your license/activation of windows 10 to your email etc.

Then Acrobat DC Pro got problematic again. The same behaviour of opening and after 1 second shutting down with the recent files areas totally black. So, in conclusion, It was something related with my microsoft account/profile. I reverted windows 10 to use a local administrator account instead of the online microsoft account and Acrobat DC pro was working again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try the link to the DC release notes above I get "Access Denied" message. I need to know the solution.  Please help, phones are ringing here we have 200 licenses. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2019 Sep 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem and I went to uninstall and reinstall the application (Pro Dc). Now all of the software is gone and I went back in to redownload and it is stating the code has been redeemed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We were using Adobe Pro DC version 15.006.30504.   Now we have to go the "CLOUD" solution.  After setting up the users email address on the Adobe Web site, when they open Adobe, it opens then closes suddenly.  We have 200 serial number licenses that have been converted.  We have about 80 users so we have plenty of extras.  When I log in to the computer under my account it works, but when the user does it does not.   Not a solution as listed above for the user to use admin priveledges.  Our phones are ringing off the hook.  Needs to be fixed ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Local admin is not realistic.  We do not allow our users to have Admin priveledges on their computers.  We have over 800 Dell computers and 3 help desk personnel.  Not realistic.  Adobe has to come up with better solutions than that.  The Adobe Cloud is a disaster as far as I am concerned.  We are not allowed to use the License keys we paid for anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happens to me so much I am asking for a refund and to go back to DC Reader. Always on to hhe help desk to fix it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines