Acrobat Pro DC prints lines for inserted image

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook Pro

High Sierra

--------------------------------------

I have a PDF file that I edited and inserted a .jpg onto one half of one of the pages.  This part was successful.  

When I print, it prints ¼  inch lines on the inserted image side.  My image cannot be seen.  I've seen this complaint in my research but haven't found an answer.  Some have said turn off smoothing.  I did that, I still get lines.  Oddly enough, it prints fine on a PC but I can't use that.  I have to solve this for my Macbook.  

Any solutions?  Thanks 

Sample of lines that are printingSample of lines that are printing

Thanks so much for your reply.  Here are the answers to your questions --- 

Version of Acrobat  and Illustrator

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 6.19.09 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 6.32.58 AM.jpg

After conducting a number of experiments to answer your questions, I found the answer.  #Yay

The inserted jpg that would not print, was designed by me, in Adobe Illustrator (AI), for the express purpose of inserting into my Adobe PDFs.  

• It (the inserted JPG) would print correctly on my PC, not my Mac
  • It would print correctly on my PC in non-Adobe PDFs (ones created from scanning on my Epson scanner) but not on my Mac
  • It would print correctly on BOTH my Mac and PC using Print as Image.  
  • It would print correctly on BOTH my Mac and PC, if I inserted a jpg that was a photo.   

So I went back to my design in AI, and looked at how I saved it as a JPG.  The original image that would not print properly on my Mac, was created using EXPORT AS.  I decided to save the image as a JPG, using Save As Legacy. 

When I inserted the EXACT same image, but it had been saved as a JPG using the Save As Legacy method in AI, it printed prefectly on my Mac and PC!! #Woohoo  Problem solved.  

UPDATE REQUEST -- I almost solely print PDF documents that have mixed page sizes (ltr and lgl).  When I have used Print as Image for other reasons, using it takes away the ability of a dual tray printer (Brother HL-L5200DWT) to utilize the "choose paper source by PDF page size" funciton.  I would love to see a fix for this.   When print as image is selected, the 'choose paper source' function is NOT grayed out in the print window, but when you print, everything prints on letter.  #sad

Thanks so much for your assistance.  

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Pro DC prints lines for inserted image

Explorer ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook Pro

High Sierra

--------------------------------------

I have a PDF file that I edited and inserted a .jpg onto one half of one of the pages.  This part was successful.  

When I print, it prints ¼  inch lines on the inserted image side.  My image cannot be seen.  I've seen this complaint in my research but haven't found an answer.  Some have said turn off smoothing.  I did that, I still get lines.  Oddly enough, it prints fine on a PC but I can't use that.  I have to solve this for my Macbook.  

Any solutions?  Thanks 

Sample of lines that are printingSample of lines that are printing

After conducting a number of experiments to answer your questions, I found the answer.  #Yay

The inserted jpg that would not print, was designed by me, in Adobe Illustrator (AI), for the express purpose of inserting into my Adobe PDFs.  

• It would print correctly on my PC in non-Adobe PDFs (ones created from scanning on my Epson scanner) but not on my Mac
  • It would print correctly on BOTH my Mac and PC, if I inserted a jpg that was a photo.   

So I went back to my design in AI, and looked at how I saved it as a JPG.  The original image that would not print properly on my Mac, was created using EXPORT AS.  I decided to save the image as a JPG, using Save As Legacy. 

When I inserted the EXACT same image, but it had been saved as a JPG using the Save As Legacy method in AI, it printed prefectly on my Mac and PC!! #Woohoo  Problem solved.  

UPDATE REQUEST -- I almost solely print PDF documents that have mixed page sizes (ltr and lgl).  When I have used Print as Image for other reasons, using it takes away the ability of a dual tray printer (Brother HL-L5200DWT) to utilize the "choose paper source by PDF page size" funciton.  I would love to see a fix for this.   When print as image is selected, the 'choose paper source' function is NOT grayed out in the print window, but when you print, everything prints on letter.  #sad

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 03, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble. As described on printing the PDF with the image the image is printing as black lines.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs with image that you try to print? please try with a different file (PDF, Word) and check.

Would you mind sharping the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat DC and make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20043 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Also, please try to print the file as image and see if that helps. Open the PDF > Go to Print > Advanced > Print as image

Also, please check for any missing/pending updates for printer driver and firmware and try updating it and check if that makes any difference.

Also, please look at the steps provided in the help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-pdf-printing-acrobat-reader.html

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 03, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are glad to hear that the issue got fixed and that you were able to print the image.

You may also use the Adobe wish form (https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html) to submit your request with the engineering team.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 06, 2020 0