• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC "Add Digital Signature" tool missing in "Prepare Form" toolbar

New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat Pro DC, the "Add Digital Signature" tool missing in "Prepare Form" toolbar.

I had to use the "Create Custom Tool"  -> open the "Prepare Form" dropdown -> select  the "Add Digital Signature" tool and add it as a new custom tool.

Anyone else have this problem?

Is there something I missed?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you see "Create Custom Tool" ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2018 Oct 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should not be the answer ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open Acrobat DC click on the Tools menu option at the top left

Scroll down until you see Customize

Open the "Create Custom Tool"

Expand "Prepare Forms" in the list displayed

Select "Digital Signature" (second from the bottom)

Add it to a custom list, or add it to show in the Toolbar

I strongly recommend reviewing the entire list which displays when you open the "Create Custom Tool"

Click save and name your custom tool

You can now access the "Digital Signature" tool

It baffles me that "Digital Signature" isn't part of the default "Prepare Forms" toolbar

Kerstin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Digital Signature" is part of the default "Prepare Form" toolbar.  But not for a Adobe Sign Form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually no, it's not there when preparing a form from a new PDF. I thought it was my install somehow but I see others can't find it either!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good post! Helped me out. It surely was easy before this new iteration 'improved' usability!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much! I just shared my screen with support and he couldn't solve my problem - yet here I find your answer clear as day and my problem is fixed. Thank you for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for this. The online help doesn't even mention "digital signature". 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing this!  The lack of digital signature on my Prepare Form was driving me nuts.  I don't prefer work arounds but thank you for providing us with one! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4 years later and this is still a good and relivent answer. Thank you OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jesus! Hours trying to figure this out. Videos and blogs online didn't mention this issue. Thank you! It's 1:30 am and I can finally go to sleep! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU! 
4.5 years later and this was still the only resolution I could find online! 
It's criminal how hidden the "Digital Signature" option is.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH, KERSTIN!!! I was so confused as to why I didn't have digital signature as an option in prepare forms on the Adobe version I have and you helped!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Kerstin!! I spent hours trying to figure out where the digital signature tool was. Your post is the only mention I've found of it online. ADOBE, YOU NEED TO FIX THIS!!! It should be on the Prepare Forms toolbar. I know you want people to use your Request Signatures, but many of us still need to be able to create a form and email it to a client!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue.  My "Prepare Form" has Signature, Signature Block, but not Digitial Signature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two PDF docs are open in my Acrobat Pro DC. when opening

Prepare Form Tool I can see 'Add a digital signature' for the first one, while the second one  has Signature, Signature Block, but not 'Add a digital signature'. I can copy the signature field from the first document and paste it to the second one, though. So, the tools ready to use in Prepare From do depend on something in the PDF being opened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, So there is an initial option screen that displays when you "Prepare Form" for the first time. If you checked the "This document requires signatures" it changes your Prepare From options bar.

Leave the Box UNCHECKED and a digital signture option appears. 

You might need to close and reopen the document to get this option as i have not found how to undo the check box selection after the fact. 

Untitled.png

With box checked:

bar1.png

With box unchecked:

bar2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In form edit mode you can use at the right side More > Revert to Acrobat Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed, thank you so much for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bernd_Alheit,

that also works and it is quicker (though the exact menu entry is 'Revert to ...'

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.  That solved it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer should be at the top! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For crying OUT LOUD! Thank you! I have to get a little more proactive; I saw this "Create Custom Tool" option in my frantic search for adding a digital signature but did not explore it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously. Just WHY! This is up there with Photoshiopoing putting Revert right under SAVE and after 30 years changing  contrain when you transform to NOT holding shift instead of holding it. I think the people who get paid to maintain these support commmunity boards make those suggestions 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines