Acrobat Pro DC - "The document could not be saved..."

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

Windows 10 Pro.

Version 2019.010.20098

I've been receiving the following error messages when applying a variety of different changes (comments, highlights, password encryption, edit text - really any edit/change) on locally saved (also while using One Drive) PDFs and either selecting the option to "Save" or "Save As":

Attempting to "Save As", error message received:

"The file may be read-only, or another user may have it open. Please save the document with a different name or in a different folder"

Attempting to "Save", error message(s) received:

"The document could not be saved. Access Denied"

"The document could not be saved. A file I/O error has occurred"

"The document could not be saved. The file cannot be found"

In summary, I can create PDFs, but cannot edit and save. Any suggestions?

Thanks

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the document Properties panel > Security tab. Do you see any option that would block the save process?

In windows, Widows Explorer > Right click on the file> Select Properties. Do the checkboxes for Read-Only or Hidden indicate that the file cannot be changed? Same for the Security tab?

Does this issue happen for others, can you try this on someone else's system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I am having a similar problem, and it has only started occurring recently.  I have used Adobe Acrobat DC for a number of years and have used in Dropbox for the same amount of time.  I have a laptop and my desktop but am having this issue with my desktop.  Both are Windows 10 and both have Adobe Acrobat DC (19.012.20035) and both have Dropbox installed.  I have checked the security on the document as well as the Windows attributes. I was able to add changes and save the same document on my laptop but not the desktop and they are sitting side by side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines