• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC toolbar settings: where stored?

Engaged ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know where settings for toolbars (standard and customized) are stored in Acrobat Pro DC? Can corrupted settings be restored? (Using latest version with latest MacOS)

Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corrupted preferences settings may be restored but As far as macOS it doesn't offer a repair installation option like in MS Windows, so the users may have uninstall and reinstall.

Also, there is no single one-click option to restore settings via GUI. These settings are hidden and you may need to do it via Plist if you know how to. 

If you decide to do this manually, you need the Adobe Acrobat 

Preferences Reference for macOS.

Some users backup this directory path:

• /Users/(username)/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.[Acrobat.Pro or Reader].plist

rename it and save it or  move it out of the original directory to another location, and restart the application.

The preferences folder or directory should recreate itself with the default preferences.

Here's the Acrobat Preferences Reference link:

However, if you decide to uninstall and reinstall,  run the Acrobat Cleaner and Repair tool before reinstalling. This will remove old traces of the software and prepare the system for a fresh install.

Make a backup of all your documents before you decide to execute these procedures.

Here's the link for that tool:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This looks rather complicated and is quite opaque, frankly. (I don't see an entry for the toolbars, for example, in the preferences reference tool you linked.) I'll try reinstalling (again). The toolbars are reorganizing themselves for no reason, and the app has been crashing too frequently, which may be part of the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried deleting my acrobat prefs and when I restarted, I saw the new "experience" was in fact (silently) enabled. In fact, that is how to enable it for the first time.

I will play with that next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines