• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC very slow after update

Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat just updated automatically this morning, and it's now virtually useless for the work my job requires on a daily basis. I use the program to create and edit PDFs, some small, some large. I've had some slight issues in the past with the speed of the program, but nothing like what I'm experiencing now.

I've checked for further updates with the program as well as my system (running on Windows 10), and both are up to date. I'm not sure if this is a wide-spread issue or just on my machine, but I'm hoping someeone can provide some insight into what's going on so I can use this program again.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are experiencing a lag in the speed of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC after the latest update

Please try to reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

If it still doesn't work, please try to repair the installation and reboot the computer once more. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at start up' Turn off the protected mode and uncheck Enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the computer.

Note : Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risks.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and check if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I have tried all of your suggestions above but still no luck - the program's speed has not improved. After all above I had also tried uninstalling and re-installing the program entirely, and am still having the same issues. Again, it wasn't nearly this bad before the update. Here are some specifics on my machine if it helps:

Windows 10 Home

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz

12.0 GB ram

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Let me know if more info is needed, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal - Just a quick update:

I've tried now to edit simiar PDFs on another machine - my 2019 Macbook Pro. All software is up to date, and just as with my PC, Acrobat automatically updated on my Macbook and is incredibly slow. 

It does seem on both machines that the issue gets worse when I use the zoom feature; the greater the magnification, the slower the program. When magnified close to the max, the program becomes nearly unusable, becoming unresponsive for several seconds, sometimes minutes at a time after just a single keystroke when making any changes on the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelvin , 

Thanks for the response.  Can you please share the following details so that we can investigate it further: 

1. If possible, can you please share a sample file where this issue is seen. 
  2. Process dumps when the program is unresponsive. Please refer https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html  for steps on collecting the process dumps. 
  3. ProcMon logs when the program is slow or unusable. 

Regards, 

Priyanka Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Priyanka,

The link you provided recommended I compress the .dmp file to .zip to upload, but when I attempt to upload I get the error that .zip is not a supported file type - nor is .rar or .dmp

Any suggestions as to how I should upload the dump file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin5E3C, 

Thanks for the response. You can directly email the .dmp file to me at [Admin: Personal Information removed to avoid spams: Please use direct message option]

Regards, 

Priyanka Jain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(This is a respectful reply but an honest one.) 

This is a completely useless response to a legitimate problem that the software is having and that a great many paying customers are becoming increasingly frustrated with.  It's akin to saying "did you try turning it off and on again".  To be clear Adobe: most of us who come on to these forums are tech savvy enough to have tried that and if that would have solved the issue, we wouldn't even be on here.  
I would suggest that Adobe develop a policy of fully vetting/testing their updates to make sure that the products that we pay for and a lot of businesses depend on be in proper working order instead of putting out subpar updates and useless responses to actual problems. 
If Adobe isn't going to do the aforementioned, then please consider abandoning the subscription model and allowing us to pay for a stable version that we can depend on, once it's developed.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% Agreed here.  It's now been 8 months since posting this question.  I've still spent time scouring the web for info on this with no luck.  I've just been left in the dark, hopeful that Adobe would fix the issue in a subsequent update, but that hasn't happened.  It's still slow as ever just as it was from the start of this update at the beginning of the year.

I've also tried the "fix" that cesar.cintron posted about disabling sandbox protections.  Not sure if someone else marked that as the correct answer, and if it is for you then that's great, but this didn't do anything for the speed of the program on either my PC or Macbook.  It did however, correct another issue I began having after, you guessed it, another update from Adobe.  I won't get into it as it's entirely unrelated, but it was the removal of a feature I use CONSTANTLY, albeit a basic one.  I assume it's just a glitch in the new update, but it's still very frustrating that things like this continue to happen and slip passed quality control, leaving us as paying customers to flock to a "support community" to find workarounds ourselves.  So anyway, after finding that the sandbox workaround fixed this small issue for me, at least I have that back.

Anyways, all to say I'm disappointed that the team at Adobe doesn't seem to care about their paying subscribers.  I for one will be on the lookout for a similar program for my needs that is more user friendly, and one that I feel offers greater value and support to me as a consumer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I'd love to go back to whatever version was summer of 2020 when I could actually print my files. Updates and limited what files I can print. I have followed every step they asked me to follow but then they just ask me to uninstall and reinstall again. If it didn't work the first 2 times, why suggest it again?

They have twice offered to do a screen share with me to see the problem in real time, but when I've responded the same day, I get nothing back from them. They finally got a file from me and they admitted there is a problem, but no update or fix.

I bump my thread every week or so with a comment.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader-discussions/the-document-could-not-be-printed-an-error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put Adobe in the trash on my MAC. Apparently that does not get rid of all the files. 

Now when I open a .pdf file Apple's Preview APP will open the .pdf.  But there are basic features lacking on Preview.  I need Adobe Reader back!  Have used it for 25 years and the past 2 years have been a nightmare. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BCCamper,

Could you please provide a sample or spindump which has the issue, so that we can investigate this? Use the following example to create the dump:

e.g.

$ sample -wait Acrobat -file <any suitable folder on machine> 300 1

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I type in the sample you provided.  I have a MAC.  ADOBE will not scroll it pauses and jumps when I try to scroll down in a pdf. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having similiar issues with Acrobat PRO DC Versions 21.001.20138.
The only solution I found was disabling the Acrobat sand box protections. Preferences/Security (Enhanced) and uncheck "Enable Protected Mode at startup".

Once disabled Acrobat performed as expected.

Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 4.20 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB

With Acrobats sandbox turned on Acrobat is unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I could LOVE this, I would. THANK YOU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2022 Jan 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to thank you for this workaround! I encountered this issue tonight and wondered if it had something to do with my recent update to Windows 11. It's curious that I hadn't encountered the problem before, but I'm thankful I didn't have to wrestle with it for long before finding this post and your potential (if not temporary) solution.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works, thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried and it didn't work for me.  Box was already unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can someone please please help.... I beg you. Nothing I do makes any difference 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David22912626wmzp wrote:

can someone please please help.... I beg you. Nothing I do makes any difference 😞

Then you should describe the problem and what you tried to solve the problem.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have described the problem in several Adobe community groups and still no solution.  I have posted another below

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2022 Jan 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Could you please describe you issue again? Which workflow are you finding slow. Do you have a windows or a Mac device? It would be great if you could provide some logs so that the issue can be investigated at our end.

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vinod:

I have the same problems that are posted all ove the Adobe Community - for the past 2 years.  I have an iMac 2017 running macOS Big Sur V 11.6.4.   Cant seem to get the old Adobe Reader or Acrobat Reader - not sure what it was called.  It would just open up the .pdf file and & I could scroll through and print.  I now seem to have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (automatic updates) and it just does not work.  Opens the .pdf file  but scrolling is almost impossible - jerky and lags, scroll bar does not scroll properly nor does dragging down the page work.  It will scroll then you cant stop it - just keeps scrolling on its own.  Can't even close out Adobe - have to leave the computer for a few minutes before it stops trying to scroll.   I have tried some of the so called "fixes" such as the one on this page described above.  Many of the so called "trick arount fixes" are so complicated I have no idea what to do or how to do it.  Should not have to do a trick around - this software should work.  So so so many people are having this problem.  Why can't Adobe just fix it in an update.  2 years of total frustration is crazy.  I have no idea how else to read a .pdf file except with Adobe.  

You say to "provide some logs".  I have no idea of what you are talking about.  HELP !!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! That solved it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What solved it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines