Acrobat Pro DC very slow after update

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat just updated automatically this morning, and it's now virtually useless for the work my job requires on a daily basis. I use the program to create and edit PDFs, some small, some large. I've had some slight issues in the past with the speed of the program, but nothing like what I'm experiencing now.

I've checked for further updates with the program as well as my system (running on Windows 10), and both are up to date. I'm not sure if this is a wide-spread issue or just on my machine, but I'm hoping someeone can provide some insight into what's going on so I can use this program again.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting, Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are experiencing a lag in the speed of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC after the latest update

Please try to reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

If it still doesn't work, please try to repair the installation and reboot the computer once more. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at start up' Turn off the protected mode and uncheck Enhanced Security > Click OK and reboot the computer.

Note : Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risks.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and check if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I have tried all of your suggestions above but still no luck - the program's speed has not improved. After all above I had also tried uninstalling and re-installing the program entirely, and am still having the same issues. Again, it wasn't nearly this bad before the update. Here are some specifics on my machine if it helps:

Windows 10 Home

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz

12.0 GB ram

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Let me know if more info is needed, thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal - Just a quick update:

I've tried now to edit simiar PDFs on another machine - my 2019 Macbook Pro. All software is up to date, and just as with my PC, Acrobat automatically updated on my Macbook and is incredibly slow. 

It does seem on both machines that the issue gets worse when I use the zoom feature; the greater the magnification, the slower the program. When magnified close to the max, the program becomes nearly unusable, becoming unresponsive for several seconds, sometimes minutes at a time after just a single keystroke when making any changes on the document.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kelvin , 

Thanks for the response.  Can you please share the following details so that we can investigate it further: 

1. If possible, can you please share a sample file where this issue is seen. 
  2. Process dumps when the program is unresponsive. Please refer https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html  for steps on collecting the process dumps. 
  3. ProcMon logs when the program is slow or unusable. 

Regards, 

Priyanka Jain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Priyanka,

The link you provided recommended I compress the .dmp file to .zip to upload, but when I attempt to upload I get the error that .zip is not a supported file type - nor is .rar or .dmp

Any suggestions as to how I should upload the dump file?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin5E3C, 

Thanks for the response. You can directly email the .dmp file to me at [Admin: Personal Information removed to avoid spams: Please use direct message option]

Regards, 

Priyanka Jain

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been having similiar issues with Acrobat PRO DC Versions 21.001.20138.
The only solution I found was disabling the Acrobat sand box protections. Preferences/Security (Enhanced) and uncheck "Enable Protected Mode at startup".

Once disabled Acrobat performed as expected.

Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 4.20 GHz
Installed RAM 64.0 GB

With Acrobats sandbox turned on Acrobat is unusable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines