• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat pro DC very slow

Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Purchased Pro DC almost a year a go and have been working flawlesly. One day it asked me if  I need text detection on and I didnt turn it on. Since then the softwar is unusable. I have to wait for 1 or two min for the file to load. once its open, if I try to scrool through pages its freezez again for few min. every step of nafigation or pages editing would take that long

I have the latest updates, I have a high end computer. 

Not sure what happened that caused this sudden slow down. please help. 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rimon,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the application is slow in opening the PDF file or while scrolling on the pages.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download the file to your computer locally and then try to open it.

What is the version of the Acrobat Pro DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

You may also try to repair the installation (Windows Only) and see if that works. Go to Help > Repair Installation and reboot the computer once.

Also, please go to Edit (Windows), Adobe Acrobat (Mac) > Preferences > Page Display > Under 'Rendering' uncheck 'Use Page Cache' > Click OK

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Sorry I didn't know that you responded, until I logged in again to look into it.

This happens with all my PDFs. particularly ones with multiple pages.

I typically open construction drawings - large format sheets with lots of lines and around 60 pages. however this issue happens with with all small and large PDFs

Before purchasing Adobe Acrobat DC, I used to use Adobe X pro and it used to handle all my files normally. The first month of using Acrobat DC it worked flawlessly, then I got a message about "Reading" settings (see attached). I dismissed the message and ever since this problem started.

I'm currently using ver 21.005.20060 . My computer is a high end PC built for Revit, 3d modeling and renderings. All my files are loaded locally on my PC storage drive. I did the repair and restart, no luck there. The " Use Page Cash" is already unchecked. . I've attached a screenshot of the Reading settings in preferences in case it is related.

All my PDFs open normally on any other PDF software.

I did the following test, I opened Task manager> Processes and Acrobat DC is on the top of the list for CPU usage at 10% and tagged "Very high" on power usage. This is only while the pdf is frozen. After 20 sec the pdf is done being frozen and Acrobat DC CPU usage is down to 0%. once I start scrolling again, it would freeze and the same thing happens again.

I tried downloading the Acrobat reader and it worked fine for the first few minutes until I got the message about  "Reading" settings (see attached)   . I dismissed it and the same problem happened with the Acrobat reader. 

Every time I restart the PC it opens the first couple of PDFs normally, then gradually things start to get slower until it's almost useless. I would open a file and it would open but freeze for 20 sec. Then once it allows me to start scrolling, it goes through a couple of pages then freezes for another 20 sec. 

Now I'm using Microsoft Edge to browse through my drawings and I only use Acrobat when I need to sign a document or replace pages in a PDF. 

It's a shame that I pay all that money and not be able to use the software. 

Looking forward to your reply. 

Rimon soliman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2022 Jul 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A year later and I am having the same problem as you. I bought a mont ago and it has "frozen" several times, so I have to finalize the applications and latest changes are lost. I too worhk editinf long documents and this is making it impossible. I need LIVE assistance, preferably in Spanish, and it is impossible to get it! I need to see if this can be fixed definitely, otherwise I have to cancel my suscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have got no response from adobe so I canceled my subscription and moved on to PDF XChange editor and its even better than adobe and works smooth. Also perfect customer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip! Sounds interesting! Is it open source or is it a paid tool? I'm interested!

Does it have similar editing functions to Adobe DC's strikethrough text, replace and add text, for instance? Those are the most required by my clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We are having exactly the same issue in our office. We use acrobat all the time and often have multiple files open, but it has become almost useless due to slow down and freezing. This has only become an issue over the past 12 months. Hoping Adobe fix this soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines