• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC Will Not Let Me Sign Digital Signature

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is without a doubt one of the most annoying things that has happened to me in all the times I've used Adobe products.

I need to sign some documents using Digital ID. I've used the exact same template and have signed these same documents many many times. However, this time, when I click on the sign area, it will not work.

I can click through all the signing areas until I get to the final signing window. There are a few document errors, but these have never prevented me from signing before. I click on "Sign" and absolutely nothing happens. The window doesn't close. The document doesn't sign. Nothing.

I'm so frustrated at this point. I've reinstalled the program twice now, and that has not fixed the problem. And of course, Adobe's customer service lines are unreachable.

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scotts

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to digitally sign the PDF and nothing happens when you click on the sign button.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check

What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version of the application go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.01.20145 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once .

Also, please try to logout of the application , reboot the computer and re-login and see if that helps.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal

This is not working on any PDF. I was on the phone with customer support last night for over an hour, and they couldn't figure it out.

I am using the most current version. I uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat twice, and restarted my computer both times. Customer support did exactly the same thing.

Customer support also reset the preferences to default. Nothing.

Funnily enough, customer support said they would escalate the issue, and would call me back. Haven't gotten that either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a few document errors, but these have never prevented me from signing before.

Beware, documents with errors may cause the signing software or, after signing, PDF viewers to try and repair the errors differently than you expect, causing you to sign something you did not want to sign (either actually or at least in the eye of the next viewer of your PDF).

Thus, you should be glad if some signing software fails signing such documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines