Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC + Win10: shortcuts for switching between tabs

Engaged ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the usual shortcuts ctrl-tab or ctrl-f6 do not work for switching between opened PDF files in Acrobat Pro DC (Win10).

Are there other ones? Assigning shortcuts is not possible, or? As it is in other Adobe programs.

thanks!

mycc

TOPICS
How to , Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Hi,

Ctrl+Tab works on my end in Windows 10 as long as all the documents are opened in their respective tabs in the same Acorabat workspace.

If my PDFs  are opened individually in separate windows use task switching instead,  Alt+Tab. 

F6 by itself with the aid of the arrow keys will cycle the the pointer through menu items on each toolbar and the main document. 

Maybe updating the keyboard drivers to restore the layout that was working before, or, checking if the keyboard layout changed during a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

MORE UPDATED INFO FROM ANOTHER THREAD

Hi,

Just today another user was asking a similar question.

If the Tab key doesn't work when it is used by itself, use the F6 key, tapping on the F6 key by itself will cycle the mouse pointer through all toolbars and the document.

When using the F6 key  and select a toolbar, you move through the toolbar icons with  the aid of the arrow keys (left, right, up, or down).

Tapping on the arrow keys will cycle through the active toolbars menu items one by one.

Whe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Yes, I miss this "essential" hotkey in Acrobat (Pro), too.

But I have been using a workaround for several years. I have several hotkeys defined in an autohotkey script for different programs and situations. In Acrobat Pro, »my« hotkey CTRL-0 runs a very, very simple 😉 "macro" → it simply calls the menu item:

#IfWinActive, Adobe Acrobat Pro
{
		;# Ganze Seite anzeigen
		^0::
		; Acrobat 9: Send, !aze
		Send, !azn
		return
}

mycc_0-1667469867440.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ctrl+Tab works on my end in Windows 10 as long as all the documents are opened in their respective tabs in the same Acorabat workspace.

If my PDFs  are opened individually in separate windows use task switching instead,  Alt+Tab. 

F6 by itself with the aid of the arrow keys will cycle the the pointer through menu items on each toolbar and the main document. 

Maybe updating the keyboard drivers to restore the layout that was working before, or, checking if the keyboard layout changed during a recent windows update and rollback to the prior layout can do the trick.

In any case here is a complete list of all Acrobat keyboard shortcuts: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/keyboard-shortcuts.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MORE UPDATED INFO FROM ANOTHER THREAD

Hi,

Just today another user was asking a similar question.

If the Tab key doesn't work when it is used by itself, use the F6 key, tapping on the F6 key by itself will cycle the mouse pointer through all toolbars and the document.

When using the F6 key  and select a toolbar, you move through the toolbar icons with  the aid of the arrow keys (left, right, up, or down).

Tapping on the arrow keys will cycle through the active toolbars menu items one by one.

When tapping the F6  key to move around all of the toolbars available in the Acrobat workspace, when it reaches the last available toolbar of your Acrobat workspace, it will jump into the document, allowing  the user to navigate in the PDF form with the aid of the arrow keys, Home, End, PageUp, PageDown, etc.

It is also possible, that the keyboard layout changed during a system update.

NOTE: See also in Edit, Preferences, Accessibility-->>>Other Accessibility Options verify if checking or unchecking "Use document structure for tab order when no explicit tab order is specified"  and " Show Portfolios in Files mode".

Most important, to be able to really use your  F6 keyboard shortcut effectively, you'll need to also modify Ease of Access in Windows (left Alt+Shift keys pressed together with NumLock key) select to turn on Mouse Keys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I would highly appreciate is the shortcuts to be induvidually assignable, as in other Adobe programs like InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop. I mostly miss the STRG+0 shortcut to get a display of the entire page instantly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I miss this "essential" hotkey in Acrobat (Pro), too.

But I have been using a workaround for several years. I have several hotkeys defined in an autohotkey script for different programs and situations. In Acrobat Pro, »my« hotkey CTRL-0 runs a very, very simple 😉 "macro" → it simply calls the menu item:

#IfWinActive, Adobe Acrobat Pro
{
		;# Ganze Seite anzeigen
		^0::
		; Acrobat 9: Send, !aze
		Send, !azn
		return
}

mycc_0-1667469867440.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines