Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC with macOS - Big Sur - printer crash

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

I am hoping someone can help with this new problem. 

Everytime I try to print from Acrobat Pro DC it crashes. File size doesn't seem to matter. 18Mb,  2Mb doesn't matter. 

ver: 11.0.1

Printer: Epson Stylus CX7800

Acrobat Pro DC creative cloud says up to date

Re-booted - same problem

Uninstalled Acrobat and reinstall - same problem

When macOS Big Sur was installed afterwards it stated that there was a virus on my computer in the HP folder. Not sure which one. So I trashed it.

I do not recall if I have tried to print since. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Marc 

Update - Error report no longer available as I uninstalled the printer. Then when I went to re-install it there was an error there too. Awesome. So now I cannot print on any program. 

"An error occurred while trying to add the selected device.

successful-ok-ignored-or-substituted-attributes"

So unsure if it is a macOS Big Sur issue, an Epson printer issue or an Acrobat issue anymore???

Good lord sometimes I hate technology.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat is not yet officially compatible with Big Sur. Wait until the next update is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same issue with my Epson XP-235 printer since upgrading to Big Sur.  Nothing would print - office wouldn't even bring up a dialogue.  I uninstalled the printer and now get the exact same message as you when attempting to reinstall it.  Doubt it's Adobe, more likely an Epson/Big Sur incompatibity issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well crap... these are not hopeful comments 😞 
Anyone know generally how long on average you have to wait for an update to fix the crap when they first release a new OS? Am I looking at months here or weeks?

Next time I won't be jumping on board to upgrade right away. Lesson learned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

Acrobat Reader DC, Acrobat DC, Acrobat 2020, and Acrobat 2017 are compatible with macOS Big Sur (version 11). For more information about compatibility please check the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/mac-os11-big-sur-compatibility.html

You may also try the troubleshooting steps provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Next time I won't be jumping on board to upgrade right away. Lesson learned."

Every year we hear the same song when Apple upgrades its OS, and we repeat the same thing every year to macOS users.

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions what you might consider a reasonable amount of time to wait when an OS is updated?

I don't have experience gauging this. When do they often put out the first revision to these from your experience? A month? 6 months? Thanks man!

I am also really not understanding how these things can continually occur each time there is a revised OS? Is it not supposed to improve the quality of things? Does Apple not learn from prior release issues? Just seems silly with today's level of technology and experience that this is a repeated thing. I understand there are likely many moving parts... but wouldn't many of these "moving parts" be the same things each update more or less? Or are they always new ones?
Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Any suggestions what you might consider a reasonable amount of time to wait when an OS is updated?"

I'd give it a couple of months, then carefully check each app that is important to me.

" Does Apple not learn from prior release issues?"

Apple does what Apple wants. Once upon a time, there was a private beta program for app developers, then a release candidate for them all to check, then the release, which would be the same. Now, we have a public beta, and changes in the final version. This means even the most careful app developers can be surprised by changes in the new system. All this takes app developers time and money to fix. And people want this stuff fixed yesterday, and for free! "but wouldn't many of these "moving parts" be the same things each update more or less? " Sadly, there are tens of thousands, if not hundreds of moving parts. Some Apple deliberately removes or changes, most it breaks by accident and sometimes fixes. The market wants to see exciting new stuff every 12 months, and there is a high price for everyone to pay for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  I installed Big Sur and now the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC crashes when trying to print on my Epson R1800 (not yet updated to Big Sur).   I am also not able to let my Epson choose paper types or sizes or any other appropriate selections that I need.  I hope Epson and Adobe Acrobat Pro will update soon, but Big Sur is surely causing a lot of headaches!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry for the trouble and the delay in response.

Please try the steps provided in the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

With BigSur 11.0.1 update, drivers of a few printers have become incompatible (partially/entirely). We recommend users to download and install the latest printer driver from the printer manufacturer websites. Printer companies such as Epson, Canon, HP, Brother, etc., have provided new Big Sur compatible drivers for their printers on their websites.

Regards,
Tariq

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines