Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro DC won't be default on Mac

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have an Acrobat Pro DC subscription but my mac always opens the free Acrobat Reader.  The two icons are mixed up so if I open DC I get reader and if I get Reader I get Pro.  Probelm is, doesnt matter which I change to be the default, Reader always opens the pdfs.  Driving me nuts.  Anyone any ideas?  I've uninstalled and re-installed already.

Thanks,

Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, you should not have both Reader and DC on the same system. It can cause issues.

I suggeset uninstalling both and then reinstalling only DC.

Meantime, let me move this to the Acrobat forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question. If I'm wrong, someone will be along to correct me and give you better help.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs. Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I tried that but I'm pretty sure it re-installed both.  I'll try again.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe never install Reader and Acrobat together, they are considered completely separate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Acrobat and Reader on the same system, you pretty much have to give up on using double click in Finder to open PDF files. Open other ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac, the one (between Pro & Reader) that is opened first becomes the default reader when you double-click on a PDF file.

Unless you really have a good reason (testing forms…) you shouldn't have Acrobat Reader in addition to Acrobat Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines