Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro OCR Automation

Participant ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Is there any possibilities to run the OCR in Acrobat pro 2020 using javascript or apple script? I have tried in applescript to select the menu upto Scan  &OCR and after I cant able to continue

tell application "System Events"

tell application process "Acrobat Pro DC"

click the menu item "Scan & OCR" of menu 1 of menu item "Tools" of the menu "View" of menu bar 1

end tell

end tell

TOPICS
JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Could anyone help me how to execute the acrobat action file in Acrobat DC application using languages like applescript or javascript?

I want to run the recorder ocr action for scanned images in acrobat dc for multiple languages. Please help to run the action file via javscript or  applescript.

Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Selecting a menu item for "click the menu item" does exactly the same as selecting the actual menu item. In this case it shows the window saying "Select a file or scan a document to begin". There is no automation for the items on this window.

2. You cannot run actions externally. This seems be a deliberate design limitation, to stop Acrobat being used as a high volume automation tool (for which it is very unsuitable).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply!

Could you suggest how to run the OCR in Acrobat DC using automation. Basically, My requirement is script(Applescript or Javascript) run the OCR for active scanned image file in Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this too is a deliberate omission; Acrobat is an end-user tool with very low level automation. However, someone may have discovered a trick, which they can share. Otherwise, I suggest you look for apps designed to do automatic OCR (not from Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two excellent OCR tools are Abbyy Fine Reader and OmniPage. Some consider their OCR results superior to Adobe's.

Don't know if they can do the automation you want, but it's worth looking into them.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bevi for your suggestions!

Yes ABBYY FineReader is better option for OCR the images more than 190+ languages. It is worthy to use it.

Thanks for letting me know!

My requiremen the dropper tool convert the mulitple of png images in the folder to run the OCR for (Japanese, korean and Chinese languages) avoid the manual selection in acrobat DC to run the OCR for multiple image files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Could you anyone tell how to  access the toolbar of acrobat using applescript

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

I have created OCR action(.sequ) in acrobat dc. And I want to convert the action file into dropplet tool or the external script to run the action file in acrobat DC is this possible? Please share your thoughts....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines