Highlighted

Acrobat Pro: Print production->output preview menu windows missing.

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

After clicking the Print production->output preview, the menu window do not appear anymore.

i've been using the output preview frequently and could have accidentally caused the problem which i can't seem to find a solution. 

any advise will be great!  thanks

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Pro: Print production->output preview menu windows missing.

New Here ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

After clicking the Print production->output preview, the menu window do not appear anymore.

i've been using the output preview frequently and could have accidentally caused the problem which i can't seem to find a solution. 

any advise will be great!  thanks

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 04, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patrick

We are sorry for the trouble. As described, After clicking the Print production->output preview, the menu window do not appear.

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Pro you are using? To check the version go to Help >About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs, Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Also, try to repair the installation (Windows Only) and see if that helps. Go to Help > Repair Installation

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the preferences to default as described https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that makes any difference.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

thank you for your support.

i'm currently using Adobe Acrobat XI version 11.0.23.

The phenomenal happened on all PDF files.

Already tried: help -> repair installation, but didn't make a difference.

i've just completed the reseting preference as per the provided link to no avail.  The window menu for output preview still doesn't appear (i might have seen split seconds flashes of the window and i don't think my eyes are playing tricks on me)

thanks again for your advise, will appreciate more assistance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to heare that the issue still exists. Please try to create a new test user profile or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

Adobe Acrobat XI is an old and EOL application. It may or may not work properly. End of support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support, including product and/or security updates, for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products).

Adobe strongly recommends that you update to the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. By updating installations to the latest versions, you benefit from the latest functional enhancements and improved security measures.

For more information please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-xi-reader-xi.html

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2020 0