• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ACROBAT PRO XI 11.0.23 - THE COLOR YELLOW IS NOT SHOWN

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been making PDF's for my company for over 20 years.  I convert Excel Reports to PDF's daily.  My Excel report can be 100's of pages long and when I have data in the report that is considered bad or near bad the cell is colored red or yellow respectively to highlight that data.  Converting to PDF has always been flawless and all colors transferred properly..

Now I convert and my Acrobat does not show the color yellow.  Still the report is sent to others and read in Acrobat or Reader and the yellow appears as it should.

I also noted I can not highlight anymore.

I checked for updates and found I have the lates version.  I did a Repair also.

What's up?  How can I correct this issue of not seeing Yellow or versions of yellow?

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Is yellow missing from any other documents?

The color may be missing because of an accessibility setting. If that's the case, go into Acrobat's preferences, then select the "Accessibility" category. Is the "Replace Document Colors" checkbox selected? If so, uncheck it. If it was checked, chances are that your yellow will be back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version do you have? Please don't say "latest" because we see many problems caused because the updates fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I see you gave the version in your original title. 11.0.23 is the final update to Acrobat XI but it has been discontinued for many years. So getting up to date MIGHT help.

Did I understand correctly that the SAME PDF FILE sent to other people works ok for them?

Also, what happens when you try to highlight, exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes others receive the PDF correctly showing the yellow highlighted text box.

I try to highlight other PDF's (one's that could be highlighted in past) and color does not show. But when clicked on it showed boundary of what would be highlighted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Windmi,

How are you applying yellow in Excel?

Do other Excel colors show up in Acrobat?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apply yellow, red and other colors to my Excel spreadsheet 2 ways:

1. As a direct fill for a cell found using Format Cells on the home tab of the menu bar.
  2. As a condition format.  If the cell number meets a certain criteria the cell will fill with color, yellow or some other color.

Up until last week I would print in Excel to PDF and have no issues.  The PDF was opened in my Acrobat and all formatting and colors appeared.  Now Yellow does not appear using my Acrobat.  All other formatting and colors appear.

When I mail the PDF to my phone or other individuals with  Adobe Reader.  They see all colors even Yellow.

Also I noticed previous PDF's given to me by clients that had paragraphs highlighted and opened in my Acrobat, the Highlighting was not visible no mater what color.  But you can still click on highlighting boundary and delete same or open the "pop up note".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is yellow missing from any other documents?

The color may be missing because of an accessibility setting. If that's the case, go into Acrobat's preferences, then select the "Accessibility" category. Is the "Replace Document Colors" checkbox selected? If so, uncheck it. If it was checked, chances are that your yellow will be back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic.  Thanks for the answer.  I have no idea how that happened.  Have a great day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great solution. As well as yellow missing from documents I noticed that "white" was missing when I tried typing (for example, typing the name of a river in white on a black background). Your solution also fixed that problem! Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the best and brilliant answer. Problem solve... yellow highlight returned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FINALLY!  I have been searching for this answer for YEARS! As soon as I unchecked the replace colors option everything works. You are a genius!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see title Version noted....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So... you cannot highlight any PDF?

How about old PDF files, from before the problem. Do they show the yellow colour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can not highlight any PDF.  Even past or old pdf's that were once highlighted.  However, you can click on text that should be highlighted and see boundary of text that should be highlighted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may have been assuming something. Is there a yellow colour in the Excel spreadsheet (which you should see in the PDF)? Or does the yellow colour come only from your highlighting?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes from Excel conversion to PDF and yes when I want to highlight an existing PDF.  Both not showing in my Acrobat on my computer but on other individuals computers or cell phones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any further comments of conclusions to correct this matter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue can not highlight in a PDF document. I have tried the fixes below, no luck. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello... I've noticed that sometimes it depends on what kind of PDF document I'm using whether I can highlight; for example, if you convert a Word document to a PDF then you should be able to highlight what you want/need. However, if the PDF file is an image (e.g., scanned) then I'm unable to highlight the text. My suggestion is to experiment a bit to see what you can do with highlighting - first try with something converted from Word just to see if you have any highlighting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it does not work on a word doc converted to PDF 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmm, well it was worth a shot. Do you have a friend who has Acrobat working as you want (highlighting) to whom you could send the Word document to see if your friend's Acrobat will highlight? Here I'm trying to determine if the problem is with Acrobat given the fixes you have already applied or the document you are working with - as mentioned, for me, sometimes I can't highlight but most often I can which I think is because of the nature of the docment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2021 Oct 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again...

Today I'm working with a PDF slide deck on which I can't highlight important passages. My workaround is to convert this document to Word and then use Word's highlighting feature for what I want and then convert back to a PDF which retains the highlighting. Sure, it requires slightly more work but I end up with what I want - this is just a thought and/or alternate approach. Hopefully this helps...

Cheers, Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried following your instructions and still cannot get the yellow to work. Initially the box under accessibility was not checked and I couldn't get the yeloow. I clicked which allowed the ability to custom color box so I added document text to yellow, I than unclicked the repalcement box and still cant get the yellow highlighter to work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines