• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Professional DC crashing

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Acrobat Professional DC is crashing...again.  Acrobat Icon in lower menu bar now displays logo in black.  What is going on now?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

You didn't mention you were using a beta OS version, though, which is a critical detail... Also, these forums are not really the place to report beta testing issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the Acrobat logo has changed.

Regarding the crashing you will need to provide more information, starting with your operating system and an exact description of the crash. Does it happen when you open the application on its own, or when you open a file? Is there an error message? etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to 2020.012.20043 (MacOS).  I'm experiencing crashes when I click "Edit PDF" (or any editing button for that matter) after I've opened a PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Mac OS? Does it happen with all files, or just some?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All files.  Big Sur. 20A5354i

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a beta version. You should expect issues with it.

No Adobe application is supported on pre-release versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct.  I am aware of that.  I was just reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't mention you were using a beta OS version, though, which is a critical detail... Also, these forums are not really the place to report beta testing issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To sum up this thread. The OP was attempting to use an application on an at-best beta version of MacOS 10.16. Adobe does not support use of its applications on pre-release operating systems.

Whereas adventurous users may wish to be the first on their block to use the “latest and greatest” OS release or even application software release, depending on “beta” versions of any software for production work is at best, highly imprudent.

If you wish to provide feedback with regards to use of Acrobat on an unsupported, beta-test OS version, please go to https://acrobat.uservoice.com/forums/590923-acrobat-for-windows-and-mac .

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines