• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro on Big Sur Public Beta 2

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Acrobat Reader and Acrobat Pro. Open a PDF and within seconds they crash.  I have tried completely uninstalling (including using the AdobeAcroCleanerTool), rebooted, then reinstalled. The problem persists. I have reverted to using preview.app to view PDFs, but obviously can no longer edit PDFS.

Any help would be appreciated.

Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
Assertion failed: (CABackStoreIsUpdating_ (b)), function CABackingStoreEndUpdate, file /AppleInternal/BuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/QuartzCore/QuartzCore-911/LayerKit/utilities/CABackingStore.cpp, line 1399.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell Apple

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/beware-of-apple-big-sur-beta/td-p/11272028?pa...

This is a public forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report
-for Video & Audio & Animator programs https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/
-https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  Have you made any progress or received any other responses providing a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave up on Big Sur and am currently in the process of reverting to Catalina. I also had crashing with Excel and Symantec. It was making my system basically unusable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it IS a Beta... unreal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always wait for the public beta as most of the larger bugs should be worked out by then. It should (theoretically) be about finding corner cases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you believe that, I'd be glad to sell you a controlling interest in a bridge connecting Manhattan with Brooklyn. Or perhaps you would like some prime Florida swamp land? 🙂

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only a complete idiot would use a beta release on their working machine, period. If you must mess about with a beta release install it on a separate partiton or use Parallels. Then it really is irrelevant what works and what doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all the Big Sur testers, for playing with the new system and reporting problems to Apple. Your testing helps make it more reliable when systems are finally released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't support any of its applications on pre-release or beta OS versions! See:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/acrobat-professional-dc-crashing/m-p/11381260#M272525

Do not use such versions on a machine that you rely on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm constantly amazed by how many people ignore that advice to come on forums and complain to the various software vendors!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines