Highlighted

Acrobat Reader DC won't let me sign one specific document

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

So usually I have no problem signing documents, but there's one that won't let me. When I click on the signature field, instead of giving me my certificate options, it gives me options to use an existing ID from a file, a roaming digital ID accessed through a server, or a device connected to this computer. The option to create a new digital ID is greyed out. I've found my certificate through the files option but it won't work, and it says I don't have a device connected even though my military ID is plugged in. Any help would be much appreciated!

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Reader DC won't let me sign one specific document

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

So usually I have no problem signing documents, but there's one that won't let me. When I click on the signature field, instead of giving me my certificate options, it gives me options to use an existing ID from a file, a roaming digital ID accessed through a server, or a device connected to this computer. The option to create a new digital ID is greyed out. I've found my certificate through the files option but it won't work, and it says I don't have a device connected even though my military ID is plugged in. Any help would be much appreciated!

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening in a personal computer or a government computer?

Did you checked with your IT support team if they're tracking this issue?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020 0
ls_rbls LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey , another user just posted a solution in another thread.

See if that solution relates to your issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/sign-pdf-with-military-cac-smart-card/td-p/8412880?page=1

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 15, 2020 0