• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader DC

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created pdf fillable forms, with some boxes requiring signatures(just basic, draw, type, insert image).  Most of the users doe not have a problem, however, 1 person signs his form, and the form does not lock.  Can't figure this out.  Is there something on this one person's computer that is preventing the form from locking.  All users are using Acorbat Reader DC Version 2021.001.20145

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat locks the document for all other users?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct.  It locks for all other users except for one person.  the form even locks for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

++Adding to the discussion,

I am curious if the user whose PDF is not locking after signature is actually using Reader DC or a web browser.

And if he is really using Reader DC what happens if he clicks on "Help"--->>>"Repair Installtion"?

Ps-  Greetings Abambo, long time no say Hi!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It smells like a human bug.

Request a capture (full screen) from your user, he may not realize that he's using another software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is what I suspect, however, I had the person check to see what the default program is, it is the current Adobe Acrobat reader DC.  I even had the person reinstall Acrobat.  Still the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often people check the default program and ASSUME it is what they are using. Even if they are actually working in a browser or other app. Worth getting a screen shot of the entire screen at the time of the problem, and getting them to do Help > About Adobe Acrobat Reader to tell you the version number (like 2016.232.23233) in use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings - I stumbled on this thread from a search. I have the exact opposite problem - a pdf needs multiple signatures and after the first person signs, the rest canniot because the content is locked. I'll keep looking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to avoid this, after the first person signs, do not click on save, have others sign and after the last person signs it, then click on save.  This will work only if 1 computer is being used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - that was fast! Thank you for the suggestion, Ron!  The pdf will be routed to others via email though. Unfortunately, with the current economy and after spending a lot of money for the full Creative Cloud suite, my company isn't interested in paying even more for the Adobe Sign service, wonderful though it may be; Fill & Sign doesn't meet our needs.
I think the answer may untimately end up being a javascript of some kind. 

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see the attachment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About Reader.PNG

I'm using the latest versions of both Pro and Reader I believe.
I'm thinking a dynamic stamp could work, but may be a hard sell because the boss wants to see everyone's signtures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines