• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader not opening PDF files from USB

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help, I have numerous USB's with images that I use for crafting.  Whenever I try to open a PDF I get the error message: Acrobat Reader could not open file because it is either not suported file type or because the file has been damaged ( for example email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).  I am on Windows 10 v2004 and had no issues at all with Adobe prior to DC.  I'm not technical at all but have searched for solutions and tried deleting and reinstalling and also a cleaner tool but without success.  I would appreciate any suggestions as I have spent a fortune on these USB's.  Thanks Sandra

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are this image files or PDF files? Can you copy files to the local disc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for responding, they are PDF files. They come through with the Adobe logo.  This is a copy of what comes through. Cheersusb.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open the copies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I can’t do anything, when I click on the file I get the error message.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What can you see when you open one of the files in Notepad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bernd, not sure if my previous response came through but I have managed to copy the file to an application called Craft Artist and it has actually opened the image.  Thank you so much for your suggestion and help I was just so frustrated with Adobe DC not opening the documents I didn't think about copying them.  Once again thanks Sandra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What actually happens when you copy to the C:\My Documents  or if you have it a D drive ?? 

Have the same issue but when copied to a local drive it worked - 

We have high security with out pc's though. 

AJS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines