• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Reader (PDF) SAVE button does NOT work on PCs; only on MAC environment

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader (PDF) SAVE button does NOT work on PCs; only on MAC environment.

Form was created in Acrobat Pro DC Version 2020.012.20043

I email it  and users who receive the email can fill out the form, clear the form but NOT save the form using the SAVE button.

Already tried:

Go to Acrobat Reader Preferences > General.

- Uncheck the box for "Show online storage when saving files". It did not work

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SAVE button works in Acrobat Reader DC on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for checking! Is there a way/link to download reader for windows and not be forced to use the integrated brower fuction that opens PDF files? I think this may be the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What app are those users using to open the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some have mentioned that it only opens through their chrome WEB BROWSER on their PC. They are unsure if they have it installed or if it is integrated with the web browser. Could this be the problem? I am not an IT person, nor am I familiar with the PC environment. When they click the download button after receiving the email, they double click on it from their desktop environment, and then it opens up in a web browser. When I've asked them to open the file via some other means, they are not given an acrobat reader option, only a web [chrome] option.

Shouldn't this work either way? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is definitely the issue, and no, not necessarily (to answer your last question).

The button executes a menu item (File - Save As...). This is not a part of the PDF specifications and if that menu item doesn't exist in the application that is used to open it then nothing will happen when you click it.

If they open the file in Adobe Reader then it should work, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. What you are stating sounds very logical. I am just not sure how to successfully distribute this file and expect all users to download reader or bypass opening the browser. Is there a link that I can send PC users for a free acrobat download? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes: https://get.adobe.com/reader/

It's even possible to include a warning message in the file itself and add a script to hide it when it is opened in Adobe Reader, so that it will only be visible when opened elsewhere. This would require a script and some know-how, though. If you'd like I can implement it for you, for a small fee. You can contact me via [try6767 at gmail.com] to discuss it further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I will keep your email address and run this by our IT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines