Highlighted

Acrobat Reader says PDFs cannot be opened as they are damaged or not decoded properly from email.

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue started happening over the weekend but most of my PDF files are not from email but downloaded via the browser and were accessible in the past.  Something has changed so perhaps someone can say what the fix is for this issue.  Did a reinstall but still got the same result.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat Reader says PDFs cannot be opened as they are damaged or not decoded properly from email.

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue started happening over the weekend but most of my PDF files are not from email but downloaded via the browser and were accessible in the past.  Something has changed so perhaps someone can say what the fix is for this issue.  Did a reinstall but still got the same result.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 16, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible that you are having a problem with your hard disk? When you get this error message from Acrobat (or the free Reader), there usually is something wrong with the PDF file. It's just a matter of figuring out what it is. I've run into one other problem that showed the same symptom that were not caused by a corrupt hard disk: This was with files that were stored in Dropbox, and mirrored on the local hard disk. When the Dropbox application exited in the background, all of a sudden the PDF files were no longer accessible, but still showed up in the directory listing. Afer restarting the Dropbox application, things were working again. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 16, 2020 0