• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Scaling between multiple screens on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Acrobat DC desktop version does not scale correctly between screens of different resolutions. 

i.e. similar to Outlook and excel

In my case it is way too large - I have to make very small prior to dragging to other display.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Hi,

Acrobat DC update with multi-monitor DPI scaling support is now available, read more here: What's new in Adobe Acrobat DC. This update will be automatically applied to all Acrobat and Reader users in the coming days. You may also update to the latest release by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Release notes for today's release are here: 17.012.20093 Planned update, August 8, 2017 — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes  

Please try it out and let us know your fe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a timeline on when their might be a fix to this bug? Simply telling me you're working on it doesn't make me feel like this is a priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tylerc38468469,

Unfortunately, I don't have any information about the timeline for the fix.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2017 Jan 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been a fix to this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are various bug reports and Adobe forum posts stemming back to 2015 (e.g. Acrobat Reader DC window on external monitor is too big ) regarding this issue and yet there's still no fix?! This is ridiculous.

Ironically you can use a 3rd party PDF reader like Foxit without any scaling issues whatsoever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, from 2017 until now the bug still not fixed! wow! 

I am having the same issue..

any Ideas?

Best,

Mohanad 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We still have scaling issues, but disabling the touchscreen in the preferences made it so that Acrobat would fit on the screen.  (We were unable to see the entire window to configure our scanner preferences.)  Acrobat had to be restarted, after changing the preferences.

Environment: Windows 10 Enterprise, Adobe Acrobat IX, touchscreen laptop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Why am I paying $600 a year for CC when BASIC FUNCTIONALITY like this has not been addressed.  It's infuriating.  Adobe used to be company with stellar products; alas no more.  It's embarrassing on their part, especially since they've moved to a subscription service.  I'll be looking for alternatives and boycotting Adobe from here on out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Acrobat DC update with multi-monitor DPI scaling support is now available, read more here: What's new in Adobe Acrobat DC. This update will be automatically applied to all Acrobat and Reader users in the coming days. You may also update to the latest release by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Release notes for today's release are here: 17.012.20093 Planned update, August 8, 2017 — Acrobat and Adobe Reader Release Notes  

Please try it out and let us know your feedback.

Thanks!

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For multi-monitor DPI scaling update to work, please ensure you've following settings (in case you've changed them):

a. Ensure "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by" is unchecked.

Right-click on Acrobat/Reader DC icon.

Choose Properties

Select Compatibility tab

Uncheck the box for "Override high DPI scaling behavior.  Scaling performed by:"

b. Preference "Scale for screen resolution(restart required)" is set to 'Auto-Detect'.

Open Acrobat/Reader.   

Go to Edit > Preferences > General

Select 'Auto-Detect' for preference 'Scale for screen resolution(restart required)'

Could you please try it out and let us know if it addresses the above mentioned issue?

Thanks,

Paramjeet Yadav

Acrobat Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2018 Jul 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as the previous person. the fixes are not helping me either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the *exact* same problem on a new installation of Windows / Adobe Acrobat.

The symptoms are exactly as described by all other users, except it is now April 2019 and the original problem was reported in August 2017.

Adobe Acrobat is an expensive application and it is unusable on a brand new (Dell XPS) laptop with an external monitor.

I have updated to the latest release. I have followed all the (fruitless) advice above for changing the settings.

Why is this marked as "answered"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem as described here on a new ThinkPad P1 running Windows 10. My wife has had the same problem on her thinkpad for the past 2 years.

Acrobat really should do better as an industry leader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now August 2019 and this problem has still not been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

September 30, 2019: still the same issue. This is untolerable for such a pricey software. Litterally every other PDF reader/editor scales just fine accross multiple displays, even though they are developed by way smaller teams. It really is scancalous Adobe, come on, do your job...!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

January 2020 and still not fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Adobe useless if you have Windows 10 and more than one screen. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

February 2020 and I'm having the same issue.  Tried all mentioned steps; tried current update.  Nothing works.  This is unusable with multiple monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue.  My Surface Pro displays Acrobat properly but as soon as I move it to an external screen it balloons up to almost 300%.

When I enable th "No scaling option," Acrobat shrinks to the point that it is unreadable.

It would be nice to get a fix for this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What works for me all the time is DISABLING of "Run this program in compatibility mode for:". This can be found in the Properties of the Adobe Reader program shortcut. Goto Properties, Compatibility, disable "Compatibility mode". 

I work with Windows 10 version 2004.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those who work at Adobe probably don't use Acrobat Standard DC. ... Or else this would have been fixed 4 years ago.  I'm sure they are using Acrobat Pro DC or better.

Can you imagine the tech support needed to handle a bunch of Adobe executives whose pdf files are scaling so large the Windows control bar isn't even on the screen?  Ha!

If you're using Acrobat Standard DC, you'll need these commands when your pdf files scale up larger than your monitor.  I use them all day every day. ... but only with Acrobat Standard DC!

Alt Spacebar M - allows you to move a window with the mouse or arrow keys (for when the windows control bar isn't viewable)

Alt Spacebar X - scales the window to full screen on whichever monitor it thinks it is opened on.  Then the windows control bar will be accessible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sept 3 2021  

Issue:  [Acrobat XI desktop version does not scale correctly between screens of different resolutions]

In my case it is way too large - I have to make very small prior to dragging to other display still useless.  Found a way to keep window to size down automatically, but print inside window still to large.  

As is, this program Acrobat Pro XI  is USELESS!

Any repairs yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines