Highlighted

Acrobat sometimes hangs when signing scanned PDFs

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In our network many PCs have the same issue where only sometimes, trying to sign a PDF that was created by one of our many scanners (users scan directly to their email) Acrobat hangs and just stays stuck. No error message or anything, it's just stuck until we kill the process.

For example, I can open a vertain PDF and try to sign, Acrobat hangs, I kill the process, open the same PDF again and now it works and I can sign without a problem. I cancel everything, open the doc again and now it hangs.

This started when we moved from Win 7 to Win 10.

Our computers use Win 10 LTSC 1809 and we tried every one of the lastest 3 versions of Acrobat, we also tried reinstalling many times.

Any ideas as to what I can do here?

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat sometimes hangs when signing scanned PDFs

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In our network many PCs have the same issue where only sometimes, trying to sign a PDF that was created by one of our many scanners (users scan directly to their email) Acrobat hangs and just stays stuck. No error message or anything, it's just stuck until we kill the process.

For example, I can open a vertain PDF and try to sign, Acrobat hangs, I kill the process, open the same PDF again and now it works and I can sign without a problem. I cancel everything, open the doc again and now it hangs.

This started when we moved from Win 7 to Win 10.

Our computers use Win 10 LTSC 1809 and we tried every one of the lastest 3 versions of Acrobat, we also tried reinstalling many times.

Any ideas as to what I can do here?

Topics

Edit and convert PDFs, General troubleshooting, Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Have something to add?