• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

acrobat standard dc won't scan and freeze

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe Acrobat Standard DC in early 2017 and it worked fine.  Now, I notice the user account control icon.  Since then, when I try to create a PDF, it just freezes and I have to "end task" for it to close.  I cannot find any help on the support page.  I run Windows 7 on my workstation.  

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

I did finally get it working.  Somehow the "compatibility" got set to Windows XP.  I switched it to win 7 and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonhaynescpa,

As per the description above, the Acrobat Standard DC is freezing, Is that correct?

Please refer to the following link for troubleshooting steps: Troubleshoot Windows system errors, freezes | Adobe software Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-windows.html

Hope this helps, and keep us posted with the results.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anand,

None of these steps are helping.  I notice it freezes when I try to scan to the program.  Does this help?  It is a Fujitsu fi-6130 scanner.  I have had this set up with no issues for a long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonhaynescpa,

Please refer to the steps in the following links

Troubleshooting tips for scanner issues when using Acrobat Link: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-scanner-issues-acrobat.html

If the issue still persists, please provide following information to help us identify and resolve the issue:

- Acrobat dot version (Help> About Acrobat)

- Does this scanner works fine before for same or different combination of Acrobat and window

- Do you get any error message or crash? If crash, please share the crash logs of Acrobat.

Steps:

- Do the steps you are using to  scan

- When Acrobat crash, open Task manager

- Select Acrobat application

- Right click on Acrobat process and click create dump file

Please share this file using How to share a document link: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to create the dump file, it tells me access is denied.  I am logged in as administrator on my machine.  Also, I could not attempt some of the troubleshooting because it won't even let me select a scanner when I open Adobe.  I have made sure I am on the latest driver though.  It gives me no error message.  it just freezes and when I go to task manager, it says not responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to create the dump file.  Even though I have admin privileges on my workstation, I logged into my computer as admin and was able to select the proper scanner and everything worked fine.  Two things I noticed while I was logged into my computer as admin is; 1. when I opened adobe, it did not sign me in.  So maybe it has something to do with my account at Adobe.; 2. on the desktop icon while logged in as admin, I did not see the User Account Control Icon on the adobe icon like I do when I am logged in as myself.   What does this mean?  i have the UAC turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonhaynescpa,

I have sent you a private message, please check your email inbox.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Fujitsu scanner model here and exact same issue as OP...problem started last week. I'm not sure if its tied to an Acrobat update.

AnandSri, any path to resolution yet?

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did finally get it working.  Somehow the "compatibility" got set to Windows XP.  I switched it to win 7 and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can you show me how you did that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines