• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Thinks I am A new User

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an annual plan for Acrobat Pro DC and have had since early 2019, Suddenly, within the last week or so Adobe thinks I am a brand new user and demands I set up an account. The software is no longer recognising me as a registered user so I am unable to open PDFs. I keep being asked to start my 7 day free trial of Acrobat DC. This happens whenever I try to open a PDF from the WWW or from my own drives. I have checked my account and there are no billing problems. Can anyone help?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scoffi 

We are sorry for the trouble. As described you are getting the 7 day trial option for your subscription.

Please logout of the application and reboot the comouter once and login back with your Adobe ID/Email and see if that works for you.

If it still doesn't work, please try the steps below:

Activation issue Mac

1) Close all adobe related processes in activity monitor (Creative cloud, Core sync, CC library, services for adobe desktop app, adobe desktop service, Adobe IPC broker, AAM updater)

2) Navigate to following locations and assign the current user full permissions to adobe folders. To navigate click go from menu bar at then click goto.. type /Library/application support/   and click go.

3) To assign the permission right click on adobe folder and click Get info.. A property window will open. Then click on lock symbol to enable editing. Then click + sign to add your username. Then change read only to read and write. Then click gear symbol at the bottom and click apply to enclosed items and click ok.. Proceed to next step then.

3) Navigate to following location /Library/application support/adobe and Delete Slstore and slcache .

4) Navigate to ~/Library/application support /adobe/oobe and delete opm.db

5)Navigate to /etc and open hosts file. Check if it has adobe entries . If no its fine, if yes replace the hosts file with a new hosts file with no adobe entries

6) Launch cc app and it should work fine

Activation issue windows

1) Close all adobe related processes in task manager (Core sync, services for adobe desktop app, adobe desktop service, Adobe IPC broker, AAM updater)

2) Navigate to following locations and assign the current user full permissions to adobe folders.  (Right click on adobe folder select properties then click security tab , click edit and select current user you are signed in with , select full control , click apply and then ok)

C://program data (enable view hidden files to see this folder)

C://program files 86x/common files

C://program files 86x/

C://program files/common files

C: //program files/

3) rename SLstore to Slstore.old at following location c://program data/Adobe/

4) Rename SLcache to Slcache.old at following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

4) Navigate to c://users/username/appdata/local/adobe/oobe  and rename Opm.db to opm.old

5) Navigate to c://windows/system32/drivers/etc/   and open hosts file using notepad. IF you see any Adobe entry there please replace that hosts file with a new hosts file which does not have any adobe entry. If there is no Adobe entry leave the hosts file as it is.

6) Launch the app and sign in .

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Amal,

I have carefully followed your instructions. Capture Adobe 02.PNGCapture Adobe 01.PNGI have attached two screen shots which illustrate the problem. Can this be sorted out please I use ADOBE every day in my work, and am now paying for something that is not working and has not been for nearly a week. I don't know what to do next. Uninstall and reinstall?

Regards,

Scoffi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are sorry for the delay in response and thank you for sharing the screenshots.

We can see that you are trying to login with the wrong Adobe ID. Please try to login with the correct Adobe ID to use the your subscription.

I have sent you a private message please check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines