• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat throwing error opening files it created

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening for one of my users yesterday and now happens with any PDF they create, basically, nothing can read them after they are created. I made sure she had the latest updates following this post.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/bug-fixes-acrobat-dc-feb-2021-optional-update-windows-and-mac...

I don't know if any of my other users are having this issue yet, but it's rather critical.

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these files stored on a server? If so, does this also happen with local files? Are the files valid PDF files when you try to open them (e.g. file size larger than 0, and when you open them in a text editor, they start with "%PDF"?

If it happens with all files, my first step would be to repair Acrobat, and if that does not work, uninstall it, run the Adobe Cleaner (http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html) and install again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are PDF files created by Acrobat and then trying to open them in Acrobat (or anything) they fail. I'll try what you suggest, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines