• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat tries to open mysterious file that I didn't open

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every now and then, I'll get a pop up that says Acrobat DC can't open the file because it is not a pdf. Only, it happens when I wasn't trying to open a file at all! I haven't noticed a pattern of when it happens and it doesn't seem to be related to any specific action I'm taking. Sometimes it happens when I'm reading a pdf, other times it happens when I'm working in a totally unrelated app, checking email, or web browsing.

This has happened 4 times over the last few months. It will pop up, and then not happen again for 3 weeks or so.

Has anyone experienced this? Could malware or a virus be trying to open something and my comp thinks it should try Acrobat? Seems a little suspicious.

Macbook Pro Mid 2012 (yeah, I know), Mojave 10.14.6

I don't remember the specific last update.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm the operating system you are using and if this issue appeared after a certain upgrade or update on your computer.

You can always look at the action logs in your system to see what triggered the opening of the file. Also, it could be a adjustement in your file association. But you need to find out first what action your computer is trying to complete.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I edited the original to include platform, OS details. Thanks. I was in the middle of a project yesterday, so I'll try to remember nexttime and open up the console to evaluate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines