Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Won't Open Another PDF Until I close Other Open PDFs

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 8.  2017 Pro version.

A co-worker has the same issue on Windows 10, Pro Subscription version.

Sometimes - but not always - When trying to open a PDF while a different one is already open, Acrobat refuses to do so.

When I close the current PDF then open *any* other PDF, Acrobat will open that PDF along with any it previously refused to open.

My general work flow is this:

Generate/Open a report to PDF then open it.

Generate/Open a PDF containing documents to affix to the report.

Generate/Open PDFs containing additional research pertaining to the overall file I'm building.

Sometimes everything works the way it should.

But recently I'm having to close and open and re-close and open each PDF until I can get them all to load.

It's killing my workflow in addition to introducing the risk of me missing documents in my research because they didn't open when I asked them to.

This wasn't happening for me at all until I reinstalled Acrobat on my computer a few weeks back (Hard Drive Crashed).

This has been happening since I got my coworker a subscription to Pro DC (About 2 months ago).

I'm hoping someone here has a solution

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I understand the situation and it is quite frustrating as you are not able to open multiple pdf on your computer. What is the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC that you are using?

You may please try the following troubleshooting steps as below:

• On Adobe Reader go to Edit>Prefrences>Enhanced Security>Uncheck the Enhanced security
    Note: This is only for the testing purpose and post-testing please set the enhanced security enabled.
  • Go to Edit>Prefrences>General>check open documents in a new tab in the same window. Save the settings and close the application and relaunch

If that doesn't work,

• Go to Edit>Prefrences>General>uncheck open documents in a new tab in the same window. Save the settings and close the application and relaunch

On Adobe Acrobat DC

• Go to Edit>Prefrences>General>check open documents in a new tab in the same window. Save the settings and close the application and relaunch

If that doesn't work,

• Go to Edit>Prefrences>General>uncheck open documents in a new tab in the same window. Save the settings and close the application and relaunch

Hopefully, this will solve the issue, keep us posted with the results

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried these steps for acrobat PRO and mine will still not open more than one pdf at a time. Any ideas? It's annoying to have to close one pdf and then open another. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines