• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat won’t start

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the full Creative Cloud from my University, and it has been working beautifully for a long time. However, the other day when I tried to open Acrobat DC, I was informed by an alert that "Something went wrong" (in Swedish, see attachment), and I was advised to contact the administrator. I'm trying this first. All other CC apps work, I have de- and re-installed Acrobat, I have restarted the computer (MacBook Pro 15-inch, 2017, MacOS 10.14.6), Any ideas, anyone? Thanks. /Kjell

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lukjer

We are sorry for the trouble. AS described you are unable to use the application and getting the error 'Something went wrong'

Please try the steps provided in the help pagre https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/troubleshoot-activation.html#AcrobatDistiller and see if that works for you.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

If it still doesn't work, please try the following steps:

Keep us posted with the results

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact problem as @lukjer.

@Amal, I tried your steps, but continue to have trouble because, like @lukjer, we have CC accounts through our universities.

1. the help page basically just says we need to login (I don't think that's the problem because all other CC apps work).
  2. I don't know how to make a new "test user" when my account is linked to my university email and password.
  3. It looks like the Acrobat Cleaner Tool is only for stand-alone programs (with serial numbers). It says explicitly, in ALL CAPS, not to use with CC suites of programs.

Is there anything else we can try? Thanks so much! - Leigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. You may proceed with the Acrobat Cleaner Tool to remove the application then reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link shared earlier.

Also , you may try the steps below and see if that makes any diference:

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that worked! Thank you Amal!

- leigh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with the same error message and the same inability to access Adobe Acrobat. My licensing is also through a University, similar to others who have had this issue.

I had some trouble using the link to downlaod the file, and the text in it had much fewer lines than the original pro.plist file. When I downloaded the new pro.DC.plist file, and relaunched Acrobat, a new plist file named 'pro.plist' was generated automatically whether i had renamed the downloaded file or not.

I still cannot access adobe acrobat. Any additional ideas or support would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I hope you were able to fix the issue by now, if it still persists we need some more information to investigate the issue in detail

• what is the version of the Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC you are using? To check the verison go to Help > About Adobe Acrobat.
  • Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS?
  • Do you have any security software installed that might becausing the issue? If yes, what is the security software you are using?

Please collect the machine logs as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html  and upload the logs on the Document Cloud https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/home/  , generate the link and share it with us.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Amal,

I’ve been a bit slow in dealing with this problem, for a numer of reasons, but today I used this advice,
Remove the application using the Acrobat Cleaner Tool https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html Reboot the computer 
After that I installed the app from my CC account, it worked beautifully. Many thanks!
Your,
/Kjell a.k.a lukjer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

We are glad to hear that the application is up and running.

Feel free to contact us for any assistance required in the future.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines