• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat working on Mac OS Catalina Beta

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will we be able to run Acrobat on Mac OS Catalina 10.15?

I thought there was an Adobe update to Acrobat so it was 64bit and would run on Catalina?

Any news or an update would be appreciated!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat has been 64 bit for years, but much more than that has changed in Catalina. I’d expect an update soon after release. No expectations for beta of course.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

– try to install and wait for Creative Cloud to fail

– open /tmp in the Finder and located the temporary folder created for Acrobat DC installation (probably the most recently modified folder, with a junk name)

– copy that folder somewhere else (i.e. the desktop) and open the copy

– inside is a disk image called something like 'Acrobat_DC_Web_WWMUI.dmg'

– mount the disk image and run the installer .pkg inside.

This solution worked for me. Thanks to Iain McLeod

errors during installation adobe acrobat DC (Mac)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me, sorry for the delayed response, I have been hoping Adobe would get a release version going for Catalina, but that's proved to be very optimistic of me ! Your method works well, thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstall, re-install directly in Creative Cloud. I've. been wrestling with this since I first installed the Catalina Beta. Never thought of a simple uninstall reinstall, so thanks @pflew, what a simple, yet great idea. I should know better. All is working as it should again now..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 10, 2019 Oct 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I will just wait until a more easily-installable version of Reader comes out that is specific to Mac OS 10.15 Catalina. I have downloaded the latest (I think) version: AcroRdrDC_1901220040_MUI.pkg but have not installed it yet as the version that I have (2019.008.20080) seems to be working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines