• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

acrobat x - Bookmark panel missing entries when pdf is viewed in IE

New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using Acrobat X and am noticing an issue when using Internet Explorer to view a PDF with a bookmark panel. This issue is new to me.

The PDF document in question resides on an in-house server. The bookmarks panel in this PDF looks fine if I navigate directly to the server where the PDF resides and open the PDF. All of the bookmarks are properly displayed in the pane.

However, we have an in-house web-based application that opens this PDF when you click the application's Help button. When I open this application (using IE as my browser) and click Help, the PDF opens, but all I see in the bookmarks panel is the first bookmark. The rest of the bookmarks after that are not displayed. I've never seen this happen before.

Now, if I right-click the PDF while I am viewing it in IE, and I save it to my desktop and open it, all of the bookmarks appear in the bookmark panel as expected. So it's only the IE browser view that is missing all but one of the bookmarks in the panel.

Any ideas what is happening here? This has not happened in the past that I am aware of. Is this a browser issue?

Of course, this is not an issue in Chrome, since the bookmark panel does not display there. But since we have a lot of IE users, I really need a solution to this problem.

Thanks in advance for any guidance or suggestions!

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Please tell what application are you experiencing this issue with.

If it is some third party application,I am sorry however we do not support that.

You could reset the IE settings to default and see if that works for you.

Regards

Sukrit Dhingra

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this issue in Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, and Firefox browsers, basically all the major browsers where you click any link to any PDF to view in a browser it is loosing the bookmarks pane.  Even when you click the bookmarks icon they do not appear at all or only a few of the many book marks.  But if you download the document you can see all documents in the Acrobat desktop versions.  But ALL browser viewer's are showing this ERROR.  this is something that needs to be supported by Acrobat if your going to use browser readers for these docs you need to support them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, it's not. It's something that needs to be supported by the PDF plugins in those browsers. Adobe software handles it correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines