Highlighted

Acrobat X (CS6) Crashes Just After Launch

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have several licenses for CS6, including Acrobat X, installed on various computers throughout our office. These are all Mac computers running various versions of OS. A couple are on Mojave, one is on Yosemite, another is on El Capitan. 

Up until today, they have worked without issue — outside the usual glitches.  Beginning with startup this morning, Acrobat will launch, stay open for a few seconds, and then crash. It's happening on mulitple computers. We have tried deleting the program and reinstalling, booting in Safe mode, deleteling plist files, etc.  None of that worked.

Troubleshooting has led me to believe it is on Adobe's end, perhaps an authentication problem — the program can't reach the server to verify the license. 

Is there a problem with the server? When will this be corrected?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat X (CS6) Crashes Just After Launch

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have several licenses for CS6, including Acrobat X, installed on various computers throughout our office. These are all Mac computers running various versions of OS. A couple are on Mojave, one is on Yosemite, another is on El Capitan. 

Up until today, they have worked without issue — outside the usual glitches.  Beginning with startup this morning, Acrobat will launch, stay open for a few seconds, and then crash. It's happening on mulitple computers. We have tried deleting the program and reinstalling, booting in Safe mode, deleteling plist files, etc.  None of that worked.

Troubleshooting has led me to believe it is on Adobe's end, perhaps an authentication problem — the program can't reach the server to verify the license. 

Is there a problem with the server? When will this be corrected?

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 13, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lot of reports like this. Correction very unlikely. End of life means end of life to Adobe. Some find aaplting updates helps. What version do you run?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. It is Acrobat X Pro, purchased with the Creative Suites 6 licenses.  We have multiple computers, most running on OS software, but the systems itself vary from mojave to yosemite and el captain. All are affected.  I understand Adobe would like everyone on the cloud, but it is not feasable for us at this time.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same with my mac. today i made the security-update 10.14.6, then akrobat x did not start

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 13, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here,  nearly the same envirnoment (aging macs).  Just fine up until yesterday, Acrobat Pro X crashing all over the place today.  I hope this isn't the harbinger for the rest of our CS6 software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same fears and see it as a very unethical, if not illegal move.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't comment on the legality on it, but it's definitely sketchy.  Is it affecting all of your machines?  We've only got 3 of the fleet that are showing symptoms so far.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not all yet, but about half of them.  They are all Mac computers and all 3 have different operating systems.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing it across different operating systems as well and have not pinpointed any systemic change with these systems across our userbase that might have caused this.  The only common variable identified so far is the calendar change.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2020 1
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're running an application on an OS it's not compatible with. You do so at your own risk. And yes, it can work fine one day and stop working entirely the next day. Any small change to the OS can cause it to break down.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just got ours running again on Sierra and High Sierra by applying AcrobadUpd10116.  Hope this will help everybody else limp along for a few days longer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2020 3
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are getting lots of reports of this too. We have a lot of DC but also still a lot of Acrobat X from the CS6 days and the version Xs are dying all over this week.  We haven't found a fix yet. We are moving all we that we can to DC Reader and off of Pro if possible.  An alternative editor is Bluebeam Revu that we have a smattering of and which we are considering more. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2020 1
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with my Mac, I have been working all days since yesterday trying to find a solution but no success. After I made the security-update 10.14.6, then Acrobat X Pro crashes every time I tried to open a pdf file. My Acrobat X Pro was purchased within the Creative Suites 6.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 15, 2020 0
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apply Adobe's free fixes for Acrobat X. Adobe appear to have fixed this over 7 years ago, but for some reason many people didn't apply the fixes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro says there are no available updates, is there another location to find the proper fix or was this available only to the cloud users?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

props to mattb16589581 above. We've had some success for Acrobat X users running the updater that he mentioned, AcrobatUpd10116.  It is from 2015 so it is old but it seems to be working for now. Check here:  https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/10/10.1.16.html

Otherwise, we are moving folks to Reader DC, maybe Bluebeam Revu if they like what they see, or if they need other apps in the suite, named user licenses for CC.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link for Mac installers cannot be opened.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 16, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there will open a new page with the files to click. Click the one you need and it opens a page, cannot open... but you have to copy the adressline from above into your ftp browser, like cyberduck, and you can download this patchfile... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey: When I click on the link Safari says it can't find the page? I need a functioning Acrobat Pro, and it looks like Adobe isn't doing anything to help?

Help?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2020 0
Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What link are you referring to, exactly?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/10/10.1.16.html

you klick the link you need, then safari says: cannot open..., but when you copy and paste this adress into your ftp-brouser, it works...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 19, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much to "UTAustinMoodyCollege" for the link to the 2015 patch.

Ever since I updated Mojave to 10.14.6 Acrobat Pro CS6 has crashed minutes after opening it. Making it frustrating and unusable.

I installed the patch AcrobatUpd10116 and Acrobat is back to working correctly. (Just a note, I did have to copy and paste the link in the browser for the Adobe update page to open correctly.)

I know the end is eventually coming with this software but right now I feel like I dodged another bullet!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 14, 2020 1
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks "UTAustinMoodyCollege"! This works perfectly!

It's too bad Adobe doesn't offer a license for a casual home user similar to the student & teacher license. I have to keep the CS6 stand-alone software since the subscription for a year to match the basic Creative Suite functionality (the old Acrobat, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop package) is over $600/yr. I use InDesign and Illustrator once a year or so for portfolio updates, Photoshop a dozen times a year for graphics (touch up photos) and Acrobat somewhat frequently, but basically to edit the pages in a PDF for brevity...

I love Bluebeam Revu, but very expesive for puttering around at home. Adobe Reader is too limited for merging documents or deleting blank pages and such...

Oh, Adobe!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 05, 2020 0
Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use Adobe PDF Pack for that, or even Acrobat Standard.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 06, 2020 0