• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Pro highlight shortcuts (diff colors)

Jan 30, 2011 Jan 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing colors in highlighted text is very time consuming in Acrobat X pro.  You have to highlight the text, right click properties, choose the color, then determine whether to keep it as the default color.

Is there a keyboard shortcut that can be set-up to minimize the hassle.  So I can just press (eg. Ctrl+Shift+B) for blue highlights or (eg. Ctrl+Shift+O) for orange?

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

I often wonder how inefficient and user unfriendly a leading and most expensive software can be. What are all those user-usability teams doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make custom stamps, and then add the custom stamp to the quick bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please describe...

I found out that you can use Ctrl+E to have the highlight toolbar pop-up and select from their... makes it somewhat easier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often wonder how inefficient and user unfriendly a leading and most expensive software can be. What are all those user-usability teams doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there a keyboard shortcut that can be set-up to minimize the hassle?"

No, and there is no shortcut editor too…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're interested I've developed a (paid-for) tool that allows you to quicky switch between highlighting colors, and while it's not possible to assign them direct keyboard shortcuts I could add them to the application's menu and assign keyboard accelerators to them, so they can be accessed with a combination of keys.

You can find it here: https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-reader-quickly-switch-between-highlighter-colors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really what you're hoping for, but if you use your Properties Bar, you'll have the color options/properties for the highlighter (or other objects that are selected) right there without multiple clicks.  Opening the Properties Bar is a quick Ctrl+E.  Mine is open at all times.

propbar1.png

My best,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines