• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Pro is not working on Windows10

New Here ,
Oct 02, 2016 Oct 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat X Pro has stopped working. When I click on it nothing happens. I tried reinstalling, but the same thing happens. I'm on a PC running Windows10. How do I get Acrobat back?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Hi maxinet31985330,

Acrobat X Pro is not compatible with Windows10 , it may or may not work, you may refer to this link for more info: Adobe Acrobat system requirements

You might try running Acrobat in compatibility mode for Windows7, locate Acrobat X shortcut on desktop>right click on it>select Properties>under Compatibility tab>check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for>and select Windows7 from the drop down options, click on Apply and OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi maxinet31985330,

Acrobat X Pro is not compatible with Windows10 , it may or may not work, you may refer to this link for more info: Adobe Acrobat system requirements

You might try running Acrobat in compatibility mode for Windows7, locate Acrobat X shortcut on desktop>right click on it>select Properties>under Compatibility tab>check the box next to Run this program in compatibility mode for>and select Windows7 from the drop down options, click on Apply and OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what do i do if it still will not work in compatibility mode? I paid enough money for it already that i should not be required to pay a monthly fee to use my program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

I can't open Acrobat X Pro today while it does work in the last week.

I have tried the compatibility mode in Win7.  It doesn't work too.

What can I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get a new version of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope so, but the serial number can't work.

Remarks: Adobe Acrobat is included in the package of CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support was ended about 3 years ago, 5 years after release. You've chosen to ignore three later upgrades, which include both new features and stuff to keep them working when systems change. I think subscription is going to be the only way of the future, because system upgrades, like Windows 10 Creators Update (really Windows 11) are automatic and compulsory. You can't expect the makers of your old apps to keep your old apps running - that is arguably illegal because they would be subsidising Microsoft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have kept updating all the time.

It does work before.

However, after re-install computer and all the software (including re-download and re-install CS6), I dun know when it start not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How have you kept updating? The last update to Acrobat X was 10.1.16, a couple of years ago. Acrobat X and CS6 can't be expected to keep working if you keep updating your system. The new Windows 10 update is a complete change, much has broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea.

What I know is that I can work on Acorbat before my re-installation of computer.  The problem just occurred in the couple of days....not more than a month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's when the Windows 10 update is coming out. Causing no end of trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently having this exact same issue. Did you ever get it figured out with Adobe? Did they give you a subscription for free or did you have to buy one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't tell you whether it was resolved but I can tell you that Acrobat X support (and also Acrobat XI support) is finished. That means there will be no new features or fixes, not even to serious problems. If you want to get new features, such as support for new systems that you choose to upgrade to, you need to buy upgrades to your apps too. Otherwise all software companies would be subsidizing Microsoft, which not everyone thinks is a good thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Acrobat X part of a CS6 suite?

If so, try this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  This worked for me with:

Solution 3: Reactivate Acrobat through another CS6 Suite product

Important: Make sure that you are connected to the Internet before performing the following instructions. Select one of the following products when requested to launch a CS6 Suite product: Photoshop, After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro, InDesign, Flash Professional, Illustrator, or Dreamweaver.

1. Launch a CS6 Suite product.
  2. Choose Help > Deactivate. Follow the onscreen prompts to deactivate.
  3. Close the application.
  4. Launch the same CS6 Suite product again.
  5. Accept the EULA.
  6. Sign in with your Adobe ID to register the trial.
  7. Restart the application.
  8. Click License This Software in the Trial dialog box.
  9. Sign in with your Adobe ID to register.
  10. Provide your CS6 serial number.
  11. Click Next.
  12. Quit the application.
  13. Launch Acrobat X.

Adobe recommends that you install any available updates for your CS6 applications and Adobe Application Manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This proceedure worked for me Adorobat answer wrong

For all the users who have faced a problem where Acrobat did not launch after 30 days of serializing with a suite serial number, please execute the following workaround:

1. Make sure you are connected to the internet.
  2. Launch a regular CS6 product other than Acrobat or Flash Builder (for example: Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro, InDesign, Flash Professional, Illustrator, Dreamweaver.)
  3. Click on Help->Deactivate .
  4. Deactivate the application. Quit application.
  5. Launch a regular CS6 product other than Acrobat or Flash Builder (for example: Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro, InDesign, Flash Professional, Illustrator, Dreamweaver.)
  6. Accept Eula.
  7. Register trial by signing in. Let the app launch.
  8. Quit and relaunch the app. Wait for UI to come.
  9. Click on License This Software button on the UI.
  10. Click on Sign in .
  11. Serial number screen will come
  12. Enter the serial number in the serial number screen and click Next.
  13. Quit app and relaunch the app while connected on the internet .

After this if you launch Acrobat it will launch and run forever without trouble. In case you still face a problem , try relaunching the other CS6 app once more and then launch Acrobat.

This will fix the problem and if done correctly by following the steps,  you will NOT need to repeat the steps after 30 days

Please note:

1.Uninstall and reinstall will NOT fix the problem.

2.Deleting cache or renaming is NOT a solution as it will cause unintended side effects.

In case you face a problem like recurrence after 30 days, please send me a message so that I can help you get the steps corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for this suggestion...

i have tried to do the steps as you state but even after this acrobat pro x still closes after opening a file. its strange because it launches opens the files and seems to work just fine but in the end it closes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2022 Jun 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot, this solution worked fine for me (so far at least...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked perfectly. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECT SOLUTION:

1. Install official Microsoft Compatibility Administrator found here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/get-started/adk-install#adkwin10

2. start "Compatibility Administrator (64-bit).exe" in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Windows Kits\Windows ADK\Application Compatibility Toolkit\Developer and Tester Tools\

3. expand "System Database" > expand "Applications" > find and click "adobe creative suit 6" > on the right window "right" click pdapp.exe "Disable Entry"

4. Run Acrobat X Pro, now insted of crashing it will show a "new" adobe activation agreement (this is what was crashing the acrobat x pro), you can now accept it and Acrobat X Pro runs with now 0 issues. (no need for any compatibly modes). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2023 May 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm following you right up until you say pdapp.exe Could this file be named something else? I have updater.exe or setup.exe as options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A sarcastic "answer" to a legitimate question is not productive and quite honestly only demonstrate that person's ignorance. This or any other support community is not the place to overcome one's insecurities by disrespecting others in a pathetic effort to make one's self appear far more important than they actually are. Which is highly ironic when one hides behind a screen name rather being public with their information.

To those who have posted suggestions of how to resolve this problem - thank you. Your taking the time and effort to actually offer assistance is truly appreciated. I will be using these posts to fix this problem that I am also experiencing.

I agree with the other posters who have expressed frustration because a concerted effort has been made to try to convince us to give up an otherwise perfectly sufficient software suite that was not cheap to purchase. If I was a professional and relied on these applications for my subsistence, that would be an entirely different story. Adobe - you should be ashamed of trying to gauge your loyal customers by "forcing" them to give up their product of choice in order to line your pockets with a "monthly subscription". We are in the middle of a recession after all. Lots of people are out of work and may be trying to utilize their Adobe Acrobat software to prepare resumes and cover letters to send to potential employers. 

As my grandmother would say... Shame! Shame! Shame!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2022 Feb 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm missing the sarcastic answer, but no matter. 

To tell the truth, I never read all the legal text when installing the serialized software. However, I know even with a TLP (perpetual) license, I wasn't the owner of the software--I was just being allowed to use it. I suspect there is language in there that allows Adobe to stop the activation process sometime in the future. 

The end result is old software will stop working under three conditions:

1. One can't activate it.
  2. The OS will no longer support it. 
  3. The hardware will no longer support it. 

On the Mac, numbers 2 and 3 are responsible--eventually Windows will go the same route when Microsoft has the courage to go all 64-bit. Since the older activation servers have/are being shut down, I've seen some posts about how to prevent the software from trying to "phone home". 

Here is some more info on the activation servers:

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/activation-deactivation-help.html

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines