• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Wont Start

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat X as part of CS6. Seemed to work fine since installation. Two days ago, it stopped working, won't open. I tried the fixes listed in this forum. No luck.

Can Adobe help please.

Thanks,

Bill Byrnes

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 07, 2012 Dec 07, 2012

Hi All,

Adobe has provided a hotfix to resolve this issue permanently . Kindly follow Solution 2 mentioned at http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html and check if you get Exit Code 0.

Feel free to post the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 140 Replies 140
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-installed Acrobat 9 and everything is working, at least for now - the installation did ask for an Acrobat serial number.

Steve

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, here I am again. The provided solution seems to work even after 30 days - thanks! What I additionally noticed during the last weeks is that the Adobe Application Manager has been updated several times. So maybe this also was part of the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2013 Feb 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same problem already twice. Acrobat X Pro (10.1.6) did not start any more. There was no error and Acrobat.exe was not running in the Windows Task Manager after starting. The first time (some weeks ago) I deinstalled und reinstalled Acrobat and that worked fine. Now I have found this threas and so it tried what was described in the second posting:

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html

and that worked fine too. Interestingly I don't have the problem on my notebook. It is only on my desktop-PC (Win 64). Lapi has Win32x ... can it have something to do with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ameeon,

This fix has been applied via Adobe Application Manager that we have on our website. So, if you install CS6 (online installer) on a machine where it was never installed, this issue will not occur. This hotfix is only for those who are already impacted by this bug. That's the only thing that comes to the top of my mind right now. Version of OS shouldn't make any difference here.

I'm glad that it's working fine for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also going around in circles with this.

CS6 suite installed in 2012, everything worked fine until a couple of weeks ago, when Acrobat Pro X refused to start on Win 7 (64) system. Spinning wheel, nothing happens. Reading all the fixes:

I've been through the Acrofix route (didn't help). Deactivate and reactivate; worked but only until a reboot. After any reboot, back to the start again (and potentially fails between reboots, which forces the whole attempt to get it going again). Tried uninstall / reinstall Acrobat - no change. Tried updating the Application Manager (following another suggestion online), then the deregister/register route again. No difference.

It isn't viable for me to keep having to deregister/reregister and reboot continuously just to retain the use of my Acrobat X installation. And now I find that even going through the deactivate/reactivate process won't work after a reboot. Nothing restores functionality. What on earth do I try now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A long session with Adobe tech may have cured this - related in thread 5213799

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so annoyed I just uninstalled Acrobat X and am installing Acrobat from my previous CS4 version.  I'm sure I'll run into some sort of incompatibility snafu but it's worth a try.  Adobe would do themselves a favor by discontinuinig this 'upgrade'.  No one should have to go through these monkeyshines to get a product to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, had troubles re-installing Acrobat from CS4.  Installed Acrobat X again (twice).  Can now open it and I've printed some PDFs without crashing the apps.  I'm keeping Matt's fix handy, though.  What a colossal pita!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2012 Oct 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We bought a site license of this Suite but on many machines the only program we installed was Acrobat X. This hack of a solution does not apply to us. Get it fixed Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2013 Dec 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to page

http://helpx.adobe.com/fi/creative-suite/kb/acrobat-failed-launch-30-days.html

2. Download file "Acrofix.zip"

3. Open the file when asked.

4. Unzip the file.

5. Double-click the "Acrofix.exe"

6. If everything goes well then start Acrobat X Pro again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2014 Mar 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just experienced this exact issue today.  The fix in the preceding post, which was linked somewhere back on Page 1 as well, did work to resolve the issue - hopefully not just temporarily.  But I'm outraged that Adobe has known about this issue since at least June 2012 and I still had to deal with it and find the solution just now in March 2014.  There's NO EXCUSE WHATSOEVER for Adobe not releasing the fix over a year ago as part of an update to Acrobat X.  That way the issue would not even occur on new installs of CS6 / Acrobat X in the first place!  Even if Adobe isn't putting out regular updates to Acrobat X anymore (?), this type of problem warrants an update of its own even if it's the only issue addressed.  I'm thoroughly disgusted and incensed by Adobe's handling of this KNOWN issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2014 Aug 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, I ran the fix and my Acrobat is working again!

OS     Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Processor     Intel Core i3 2.53GHz

RAM     4GB

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This just started happening to me. Been using it for over 2 years and suddenly with the most recent update Adobe Acrobat X Pro will no longer open. Is there any solution yet? Acrofix didn't fix anything. I get Exit Code:0, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2017 Jan 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped, the hotfix "hotfix to resolve this issue permanentlyT

I'm just wondering why I have to dig www for this info, instead of Adobe pushing an update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, that fixed things right up...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My X Pro wouldn't start anymore (I think after installing Windows 10) but once I installed the patch you provided in solution 1 it is back to normal now. Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines