Highlighted

Acrobat XI Pro keeps crashing (using Win 7 Pro OS)

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Acrobat XI Pro with my Win 7 Pro OS for years with no problems. After recent upgrade, Acrobat crashes typically after I attempt to open a .pdf document or use functions within the program. Adobe tech support said uninstall and reinstall.  I did this numerous times and the problem keeps coming back.  Then they said it could be an OS problem.  Seriously?  It has worked fine for years.  Anyone have a suggestion about resolving this issue? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat XI Pro keeps crashing (using Win 7 Pro OS)

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Acrobat XI Pro with my Win 7 Pro OS for years with no problems. After recent upgrade, Acrobat crashes typically after I attempt to open a .pdf document or use functions within the program. Adobe tech support said uninstall and reinstall.  I did this numerous times and the problem keeps coming back.  Then they said it could be an OS problem.  Seriously?  It has worked fine for years.  Anyone have a suggestion about resolving this issue? 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recent update? Acrobat XI hasn't been updated for years, and neither has Windows 7. Both are obsolete. What update did you install? Also, what exact version of Acrobat XI do you have?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Amal. LATEST
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

++ Adding to the discussion

The last version of Adobe Acrobat XI was released on 14 Nov 2017, version 11.0.23. Make sure you have this version installed. You may download the patch using the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotes/index.html

Also Adobe Acrobat XI is an EOL application and no longer supported. End of support means that Adobe no longer provides technical support, including product and/or security updates, for all derivatives of a product or product version (localized versions, minor upgrades, operating systems, dot and double-dot releases, and connector products).

Adobe strongly recommends that you update to the latest versions of Adobe Acrobat DC and Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. By updating installations to the latest versions, you benefit from the latest functional enhancements and improved security measures.

For more information please look at the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/in/acrobat/kb/end-of-support-acrobat-xi-reader-xi.html

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0