Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat XI "A 3d data parsing error has occured" in Windows 10

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

** UPDATE **

This occurs while attempting to open a .pdf with a 3d image.  After receiving this error the first time, we attempted an update and restart, which didn't help.  We tried a repair and restart, which didn't help. Enabling 3D content permanently by going to Edit > Preferences > 3D & Multimedia and then select the Enable playing 3D content checkbox did not help.

Reinstalling Acrobat XI DID resolve the issue twice (Appdata cache folders were deleted on the 2nd reinstall), but only for about a day until it will give the error again.  Please advise.

**Interim Resolution **

I found another forum post which suggested just deleting or renaming the Acrobat cache folder (c:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\11.0).

This DID fix the issue, but what needs to be done for a permanent fix?

TOPICS
Rich media and 3D

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything about this issue?

As you can see this issue has existed for years. I don't think this has been fixed yet, hopefully I'm wrong....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fixed by making sure acrobat reader is started in compat mode with Windows 8. This seems to have fixed the issue, together with making sure the 3D renderer is DirectX9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines