Highlighted

Acrobat XI slow to open and becomes unresponsive

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, open PDF files in Acrobat XI takes several minutes.  If I open the same file in a browser, I do not have the problem.

Also, clicking a link in PDF file now causes Acrobat to become unresponsive for several minutes.

I searched the forums and found nothing helpful.  There is no update available.  I ran the Repair installation, and there has been no change.

One post suggested this had something to do with a Microsoft update, and that might plausibly be when this started, but the suggested fix was Repair.  And that did not work.

Acrobat has become unusable for me.  Why is this and what can I do?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Acrobat XI slow to open and becomes unresponsive

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, open PDF files in Acrobat XI takes several minutes.  If I open the same file in a browser, I do not have the problem.

Also, clicking a link in PDF file now causes Acrobat to become unresponsive for several minutes.

I searched the forums and found nothing helpful.  There is no update available.  I ran the Repair installation, and there has been no change.

One post suggested this had something to do with a Microsoft update, and that might plausibly be when this started, but the suggested fix was Repair.  And that did not work.

Acrobat has become unusable for me.  Why is this and what can I do?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 01, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's the exact version number of the application (You can find it out by going to Help - About Adobe Acrobat)? What's your OS version?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0