Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat

New Here ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have a pdf document and a link to go to it. When I make edits and go to save it, I want it to be aved to the original pdf, so that when I click the link that takes me to the pdf, it takes me to the edited version. I heard that the way to do this was by just hitting save, not save as. When I hit save it gives me options like save to cloud, none of the options actualy save on the original document, how do I fix this?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2021 Mar 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do a File / Save As, and instead of saving to the Cloud, choose either a button to "Choose a Different Folder" or "Browse" to navigate (browse) to someplace else on your computer. (Shown below in Acrobat/Windows.)

SaveAs-Folder.png

Navigate to the folder where your original file is stored, select your original file, and it will overwrite it with the new edited version. It might prompt you to verify that yes, you want to overwrite the file. Of course, say yes.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines