• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AcroCEF Helper running two instances consuming over 800% CPU in total

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Over the past 3 years, I've paid $1,983.56 in total for my monthly Adobe subscription. Over this time period, product quality has continually gone down. You've added in this "cloud storage" that I don't want but am forced to use. You've deprecated features that are integral to my workflow. You've made it more complicated for me to do my job. And now, to top it all off, your new "helper" tools are burning up my CPU all day every day. I am running out of patience and seriously starting to consider alternatives.

System: iMac 19,1 running macOS 10.14.6 installed on a Samsung T5 SSD with an Intel Core I5 @ 3.7GHz and 64GB DDR. Everything else runs fine, but ALL Adobe products I use (Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Premiere Pro) are constantly crashing or burning up insane amounts of CPU before the suddenly stop responding and I have to force-quit and sometimes entirely reboot my system.

And, wait! Before you say anything about caches, cleanup, reinstallations -- NO. I have reset my SMC, NVRAM, even bought a new hard drive, entirely reinstalled macOS from scratch along with Adobe products and it's STILL HAPPENING, and Adobe's is the ONLY software I have a problem with. The same exact thing is also happening on my Macbook Pro, so don't blame it on my hardware, either.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AcroCEFHelper.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines