Highlighted

Action Wizard: Only process PDF files

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to batch export only PDF files to Docx

Using action wizards to convert PDF to DOCX, when we Add Folder that contains various types of files, it will process all existing files in the folder including Excel. 

So I have to manually remove non-PDF files one by one which defeat the purpose of automation.
How can we exclude other file types except for PDF? 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Action Wizard: Only process PDF files

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to batch export only PDF files to Docx

Using action wizards to convert PDF to DOCX, when we Add Folder that contains various types of files, it will process all existing files in the folder including Excel. 

So I have to manually remove non-PDF files one by one which defeat the purpose of automation.
How can we exclude other file types except for PDF? 

Thank you.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 17, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Prior to the export, you need to manually create a folder and place the files that you want to export there. Then you'll be able to run the batch export. 

Adobe Acrobat don't interact with the file system in the way you're asking I'm afraid. In order to run automated tools like that , the user folders need to be created manually in your system.

Read more about it here: https://www.pdfscripting.com/public/Installing_Automation_Tools.cfm

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 17, 2020 0
try67 LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be possible before Acrobat XI, then Adobe removed this (very useful) functionality, unfortunately. I complained about it at the time but got no meaningful explanation as to why that's the case. Seems like something very trivial to add...

So now we have to either move all non-PDF files before running the Action on a folder, or select the PDF files directly, instead of the folder itself.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 18, 2020 0