• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activate "Sign document by typing or drawing a signature" With Button

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a PDF form in InDesign using the Digital Signature form field, but that field's requirement to create and configure a Digital ID will likely be confusing and onerous to users, and that level of security is unnecessary in this case.

I would prefer a behavior like Acrobat Reader's "Sign document by typing or drawing a signature" > "Sign" > "Add Signature" where the user can just generate and place their typed or drawn signature in the proper spot.

I've read elsewhere that functionality may be achieveable by replacing the Digital Signature field with a button that uses JavaScript to activate that tool, but I don't know the right syntax to activate that tool. After a ton of searching around, I've tried:

app.execMenuItem("OpenApp_FillSignApp")

... on a button's Mouse Up event, but that doesn't want to work. As may be obvious, I don't know JS nor how to attempt debugging.

Ideally, I'm hoping clicking/tapping that field would be able to go straight to the Type/Draw/Image "Type your name here" modal overlay (see attached screenshot). Is there a JavaScript action that can do this, or otherwise remove the requirement for a Digital ID? Would this cause compatability issues on other devices mobile devices?

Thanks for your time.

TOPICS
Acrobat SDK and JavaScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Fill & Sign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This functionality is only available in Adobe Sign as a built-in feature. That said, there are a couple of clunky ways to do this in a reguar Acrobat form. 

Thom Parker - Software Developer at PDFScripting
Use the Acrobat JavaScript Reference early and often

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check this Adobe tutorial of how to fill and sign PDF forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines