• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activating Acrobat

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an older version of Adobe acrobat Pro (8.0, I think) that is fully licensed and I have the license number and entered it and it was accepted. Unfortunately when I start up Acrobat on my Mac where I entered the license number, it consistently tells me that I don't have an Internet connection and it's unable to activate Acrobat. I have been using acrobat pro on this computer for years, prior to creative cloud, and it should still work. It's licensed, paid for and has been used again for years. Any idea why it's telling me this? My internet connection is working fine. If I hit "try again" it just closes. Thanks. (see screenshot)

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Acrobat 8 and earlier versions can no longer be activated. The activation servers were shut down and eliminated quite a number of years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The activation server for this old version is inactive/down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Acrobat 8 and earlier versions can no longer be activated. The activation servers were shut down and eliminated quite a number of years ago.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines