Highlighted

activation problem with acrobat as a part of creative suite 6 (cs6)

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I try to activate Creativ Suite 6 (CS6) for Windows (Win10 SystemBuild 2004 ). The licesne is a CLP License (=permanent license, before CC).

Photoshop, InDesign starts as a trial versio for 32767  days (!!!)

Acrobat Pro can not be activated anymore and starts as a normal trial with 7 days.

I use the original installer (one for all) withe the legal serial (one serial no for all apps, including acrobat).

Adobe Support is not able to help.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. Even if i know of course that the software is not up-to-date and that this has an effect on the support. But the licensee has owns a permanent license that is not limited in time. But I am surprised that the customer is no longer able to reactivate when installing a new system. In my role as a adobe partner, i recommend the customer to use the latest software. But if a customer buys a permanent license, he should have the possibility to use the license, even if it's old.

If adobe has a problem accessing older products through its activation server, adobe support should at least be able to say that clearly. Michael

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

activation problem with acrobat as a part of creative suite 6 (cs6)

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I try to activate Creativ Suite 6 (CS6) for Windows (Win10 SystemBuild 2004 ). The licesne is a CLP License (=permanent license, before CC).

Photoshop, InDesign starts as a trial versio for 32767  days (!!!)

Acrobat Pro can not be activated anymore and starts as a normal trial with 7 days.

I use the original installer (one for all) withe the legal serial (one serial no for all apps, including acrobat).

Adobe Support is not able to help.

Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks,

Michael

Hi, Thanks for the feedback. Even if i know of course that the software is not up-to-date and that this has an effect on the support. But the licensee has owns a permanent license that is not limited in time. But I am surprised that the customer is no longer able to reactivate when installing a new system. In my role as a adobe partner, i recommend the customer to use the latest software. But if a customer buys a permanent license, he should have the possibility to use the license, even if it's old.

If adobe has a problem accessing older products through its activation server, adobe support should at least be able to say that clearly. Michael

Topics

General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is museum software, it is very uncertain whether it can work properly in current systems. Support will not help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As has been mentioned already CS6 is quite old. It was released in 2012. Generally, 5 years of the product version is the point at its end of life. Adobe's support for CS6 has been non-existant since 2017. Eeven on here by volunteers in the Adobe community, CS6 support is limited.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
One Stop Solution for Acrobat
Edit a PDF